Olivia Rodrigo vs Billie Eilish; Which Gen Z superstar do you prefer?

• Official Post

? 21

1. Billie (11) 52%
    2. Olivia (10) 48%

Both Gen Z superstars who saw massive success with bad guy and drivers' license respectively, but who do you prefer?

Some Billie songs:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Some Olivia songs:

• itiswhatitisss

Changed the title of the thread from “Olivia Rodrigo vs Billie Eilish; Which Gen Z Superstar do you prefer?” to “Olivia Rodrigo vs Billie Eilish; Which Gen Z superstar do you prefer?”.
    • Official Post

Obviously my choice is for Billie, WWAFAWDWG was a nice album that touched on many different themes(mental health, drug addiction, heartbreak/love, being a teenager in today's society, etc). Her entire aesthetic was a breath of fresh air in the industry. It's incredible that she was only 17 at the time of release, and the entire album was only produced/written by her and her brother.

Billie's music style is also more my taste and it's nice how she can go from bangers like bad guy and TIA, to slow songs like everything i wanted and when the party's over. I like how she touches on mental health issues too, because alot of people need to talk about that especially in the age of social media.

Olivia has some nice songs but I think she needs more material. She does have potential though.

• Official Post

I have a little problem how Billie intentionally or unintentionally romanticizing mental health issues.

I don't like how Eillish tries to depict mental illness as 'cool,'

Can you explain why you think she's trying to romanticize/glorify mental issues, as opposed to simply just speaking out/bringing attention to it in her music?

:whatr:

• Can you explain why you think she's trying to romanticize/glorify mental issues, as opposed to simply just speaking out/bringing attention to it in her music?

:whatr:

Like I said, it’s either intentional or unintentionally. It’s hard to explain tbh. But there are tons of Gen Z’s posting emo stuff and calling themself depressed with visually appealing pictures. And they like using Billie references.

Idk, I’m not really sure how to really view this. But everyone is somehow bringing attention to it, yet it doesn’t seem to get better, instead of seeking professional help, it’s just about bringing awareness.

• Definitely Olivia

I have nothing against Billie as a person, but I had to listen to her song Bad Guy for months at work. My colleague loved that song and it reached a point where I was genuinely afraid of the next time I'd have to listen to it. I know that it sounds ridiculous, but I was close to tears at one point. I couldn't take it anymore. It was like music torture.

• tbh both haven't got my interest

but Billie has her own color and has more star power imo. I like some of her songs, but I feel like her songs are so similar to each other. And I don't like her whisper like singing it's so annoying, but I understand why people like her and her music. As for the other girl I have absolutely 0 idea how that girl blows up, she has nice vocals and she is pretty but I don't feel that strong & creative artistry and star power.

• tbh both haven't got my interest

but Billie has her own color and has more star power imo. I like some of her songs, but I feel like her songs are so similar to each other. And I don't like her whisper like singing it's so annoying, but I understand why people like her and her music. As for the other girl I have absolutely 0 idea how that girl blows up, she has nice vocals and she is pretty but I don't feel that strong & creative artistry and star power.

I think people really like her songs because of the lyrics which a lot of young people can relate to. And they also like the fact that she’s "reviving" dead genres like pop-rock

• I like both.

I really like billie's singing style. She's so good. Her lyrics are great too. But her music themselves are usually not my type. Some are tho.

On the other hand, olivia has the more typical singing style. But is still really good at it. Her lyrics could be better but I really enjoy her songs more. My vote goes for olivia.

Very tight competition lol. 50% as of this comment

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!