This anime movie made more money than all Kpop companies combined and still has money to spare.

• Are these numbers really surprising? Either you overestimated how much music can make or underestimated what an anime movie can make. Your Name made similar figures 5 years ago. A decade ago Ghibli movies would make half that with Spirited Away making similar amount to Demon Slayer movie.

On another note, damn Spirit Away is 20 years now! Fuck I'm getting old :pepe-life-support:

• I'm so glad you posted this. I didn't even know there was a movie.

The movie is based on the manga so it’s not your typical anime fillierish movie. It’s as legit as the show animation. I am still waiting for it to be released in my country..sigh.

jHK2LBc.gif Wht72Zu.gif lt64IYu.gif

• The movie is based on the manga so it’s not your typical anime fillierish movie. It’s as legit as the show animation. I am still waiting for it to be released in my country..sigh.

The movie is canon?

Don't argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can't tell who is who.

• Isn't this Manga a wall in terms of sales compared to other Manga? Like it sold something like 80m copies while 2nd place sold like 8m. It's popularity is no joke.

I really need to finish the anime now.

• Pokemon itself is bigger than KPOP and that is just 1 anime

Pokemon Lucario GIF - Pokemon Lucario Fight - Discover & Share GIFs

♫ Day6 ♪ BTS ♪ Sistar ♪ 2NE1 ♪ T-ara ♪ CLC ♪ Oh My Girl ♪ IZ*ONE ♪ Everglow ♪ Dreamcatcher ♪ Stray Kids ♫ f5d3702753a366bb2d8c8745e4f982c968fdf42a.gifv c3d60abb5028d920282be4fc28df83110cb7d287.gifv 639c458f0e9f80b83b17259fb1c49423fc358121.gifv

♫ Secret Number ♪ AOA ♪ ITZY ♪ (G)I-DLE ♪ ONEUS ♪ Dongkiz ♪ N.Flying ♪ ONF ♫

• wait so we're comparing revenue to profits? Weird.

Anyway, the 4th Quarter numbers still have to come out, but it's estimated YG and its subsidiaries had $270 million in revenue in 2020 and $350 million in 2019.

Everyone took a hit in 2020.

• Isn't this Manga a wall in terms of sales compared to other Manga? Like it sold something like 80m copies while 2nd place sold like 8m. It's popularity is no joke.

Yea the manga sold 100mill copies, each copy would be around $5-6. That's like $500-600 million right there. Imagine one piece tho, nearly 500million copies. Thats $2.5-3 billion total revenue right there from one series. Another level.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0482c512f61516a203d50e6450c3c53fefb91080.gifv
    ------------------

Nope, the wall still is One Piece and this manga still needs decades to surpass OP in sales. It had a boost in sales after the anime because the animation was too good.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nope, the wall still is One Piece and this manga still needs decades to surpass OP in sales. It had a boost in sales after the anime because the animation was too good.

That's true, tho it is still very impressive that its up there in the 100mil copies group because this manga has only started publishing in 2016 where as the other manga's in the same group are usually from the late 20th century.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0482c512f61516a203d50e6450c3c53fefb91080.gifv
    ------------------

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!