This anime movie made more money than all Kpop companies combined and still has money to spare.

• So I was just looking around and found that the demon slayer movie has nearly made $400 million dollars just within Asia. So i though what if I compared it to the amount of money which K-pop companies make and the results are surprising :whistling:

Net profit of big4 companies:
    Bighit: $82.4million (2019)

SM: $44million (2018)

JYP: $26.4million (2019)

YG: $32million (2018)

Total: $184million

(Source Wikipedia)

Demon slayer movie (This is just within Asia alone)

Honestly thought that the K-pop industry would catch up to the Anime industry due to the huge hallyu wave but this just shows it still has a long way.

Edit: Since I can't do math as people pointed I'll just say that it still is impressive that an anime movie like this was able to garner that much revenue which is comparable to the biggest K-pop company. Have a good night peeps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0482c512f61516a203d50e6450c3c53fefb91080.gifv
    ------------------

Edited once, last by SlhRmdh ().

• Here's the budget of the Movie I guess, minus that from the amount of money the box office made and you've got the profit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------

• So an 11M profit? Thats less then the company's you listed

This article was during the early release of the movie. The updated amount is in original Post

------------------

• what are you even talking about?

Even Korean drama industry makes more revenue than kpop worldwide...

Also your stats are misleading as bighit alone did 483mil in revenue in 2019.

Who the heck compares revenue with profits? do you even know basic accounting

• I don't think comparing the ticket sales with company's benefit. It's like comparing album's sales.

For example, MOT:7 sold around 7 millions album, for around 25 dollars each. Which is around 175 millions dollars of sales for this album. But Big Hit didn't receive 175 millions from it, obviously.

Edit : That said, yeah, the anime industry in Japan has more money than the kpop industry, that's for sure. Kpop is pretty niche, even in Korea itself.

• Here's the budget of the Movie I guess, minus that from the amount of money the box office made and you've got the profit.

So you don't know the difference. Gross revenue, in my definition, is all point of sales documented and recorded. BigHit made close to $475M last year in gross revenue but once EVERYONE; distributors, expenditures, contracts, and operating costs have their cut reflected, you're left with a bottom line of sorts called "net revenue." It is the same concept for movie studios as well. I am speaking as a small business owner. Kudos to them but you're comparing apples to oranges here.

STAN LIST: BTS & TWICE

Casually Like: GFriend, Mamamoo, Dreamcatcher, Apink, (G) I-dle, OMG, Itzy, Everglow, CLC & Seventeen

bulletproof-paved-bw.gif

The theatre will eat 50% to 60% of the total gross, then minus the budget which not include the advertising / printing cost which is a lot too

• it's so nice to see anime do well, it makes you wonder when hollywood will stop replacing asian actors when they think they won't do well commercially.

i think anime and kdrama and kpop all should do well, and it doesn't matter if one does exponentially better as long as more people are being employed and the money is good.

He who throws dirt always loses ground.

BLΛƆKPIИK

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!