SHINee Taemin's Artist Thread!

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Atlantis - 7th Album Repackage - 4/12

73f463d1c19634984c1c3e1c8615b5aa78fc258c.gifv 38bdd8bb67839e2b9362261a5d36a4ef74b571d8.gifv

Edited once, last by LTMs_Sammi ().

• Random Words by Taemin just cause! ♥

Note: these words aren't exactly said in this era but I figured it would be nice to post them

randomly throughout the thread as I see them being posted on twitter. ♥

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

73f463d1c19634984c1c3e1c8615b5aa78fc258c.gifv 38bdd8bb67839e2b9362261a5d36a4ef74b571d8.gifv

• Beautiful!! ♥

• KBEE 2020

• Words from Taemin's Dance Team! ♥

From his T1001101 Concert!

Taemin is Amazing! A Heart of Gold! ♥

• Taemin's Full KBEE Performance!

External Content youtu.be

Taemin was Absolutely Breathtaking as always!! I am so Proud of him!! ♥

Taemin received an Award!

• Never Gonna Dance Again Act 2 Update!

8th Teaser Images!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Stunning!! A Masterpiece! ♥

• SuperM Elle Korea October 2020

Taemin Interview

[IMG]

EK: After you activities with the last mini-album, did you anticipate being active with SuperM again?

Taemin: Of course. It is a project that SM ambitiously announced, and the responsibility I feel along with my desire to succeed are correspondingly big. I want to reciprocate the hopes of the many people who put their faith in this. Honestly, I have confidence and certainty that we will do well. I/We prepared with high-hoped enthusiasm.

EK: What did you think was important while preparing the 1st full-album "Super One?"

Taemin: I thought out first goal was securely creating a foundation for SuperM, more so than SuperM's color or identity. I worried a lot over things like the musical sound or lyrics, vocals, and choreography. In the end I am really pleased with both the Title track and the B-sides. I want to present the choreography we're working on soon, once we've polished it. It seems like we're closer and closer to grasping what it is to be a single team.

EK: If you're asked to describe you 3rd full-length album "Never Gonna Dance Again" what would you say?

Taemin: While my previous genderless feeling is also melded in, it's very conceptual. It's a single cinematic story made from the prologue "2 Kids" continuing in with "Act 1" and "Act 2." Act 1's title song "Criminal" is based off of Stockholm Syndrome. Even though it's a dark subject, I thought it'll be intriguing if I try to express love through this.

EK: Taemin's dance gives a feeling of performance work of art, with originality beyond that of well-executed choreography. It's rare for a soloist who originated from a group to maintain a firm identity like Taemin.

Taemin: That's because I focused on my identity for awhile. I thought a lot about how to be different from others and wanting to leave behind my own legacy. Consequently it feels like this stubbornness could have distanced me from people. I'm paying attention to how to connect with the public while protecting my own musical color.

EK: Is that why you started a YouTube show? You released you own solo reality "RareTaem."

Taemin: As the generations change the (media) platforms have increased, which has made me think I should try diversifying my efforts too. Along with thoughts like, "in order to have a sense of closeness/familiarity, I need to be easily approachable in various ways too." Those who have only been exposed to my image on stage could also see me in a new light. And could also realize I know how to speak well (laughs).

EK: You debuted the earliest out of all SuperM members. What's it like to see the development of K-pop from your 16-year old debut* to now? (T/N: Korean age; 15 years old international age)

Taemin: It's fascinating. You know I thought my activities were in the middle of the transition period. After Seo Taeji, HOT, and TVXQ's era, I thought the new generation with increasing idol groups meant this would be "a generation where Mega Hit is impossible." However, a new path appeared with K-Pop's acknowledgement from overseas and the market has expanded, hasn't it? I think my timing (debut and active years) was good.

EK: From AR stages to online concerts, what is upcoming for concerts in this ever-changing generation?

Taemin: I like trying new things. However when we combine these specific aspects, the trick was how to make it appear smooth. Even though we are still lacking in some areas, it's something that will be gradually resolved and figuring out that is out homework. And once it is resolved there will certainly be more to see than before..

Trans credit: @SHINeeUSAForums Staff

[IMG]

I love them!! ♥

EK: You are also doing your solo album activities. Is there no difficulty with you doing both simultaneously?

Taemin: It’s true that it’s tough physically. I listen to my solo album mix while I am in the car, on the road & I will discuss about the choreography through phone call & next, I will be checking SuperM’s choreography. I have to keep changing the switch but I don’t feel stress out from it and I could feel the enjoyment. I always enjoy the final stage of the production process.

EK: To the 28 years old Taemin youth is?

Taemin: My late 20s, isn’t now the prime years in my life, the climax. Even if my experience increases as I age, there‘s a limit in expression. I think I can do anything right now.

EK: The recent days where you are moving busily, the thing that you get a sense of enjoyment from in your daily life is?

Taemin: I am managing my weight right now because it’s the period of time where my album is out and I will watch my manager or staffs order and eat the things that I want to eat. I am having this sense of vicarious satisfaction like I am watching an eating broadcast (laughs)

EK: You & SHINee are being mentioned when various idols including the younger SuperM members when they talk about the KPOP artist that inspires them. How do you feel when you hear about it?

Taemin: I am very surprised. To have juniors that are looking at me in such a good light, it’s as fascinating and grateful as striking a lotto. I am always pondering over the music I do, to be saying such things, to give my back a push gives me another kind of driving force. I am always thankful of my fans’ supports but to be acknowledged by those in the industry, the pride is just different.

Trans credit: kindergarten

• ♥ ♥ ♥

• External Content twitter.com

• Inkigayo Preview

• More Instagram posts by others involved!

English trans

Lyricist Kim Woojung's words:

My first idol was Michael Jackson. I knew him after I searched up for 'A good song to listen to while studying' during my exam period in junior high and as we all know, he is the King of Pop, a legendary existence. My heart as a fan was quite specific and sincere so, I even made a plan after I turn 20 to travel around the US for a year and meet Michael. (as I wont be having enough money to travel the US for one year, with an ambition of a junior high student I planned to carry a balloon doll around with me and sleep inside it) But then Michael left us.... The spark inside me also dies that time.

And then I saw Taemin on (his) Criminal album. Honestly before that, I knew him from his reputation as the idol who has talent, a legendary male solo. But the Taemin I saw through Criminal was beyond imagination. Taemin song is what Taemin himself possessed, but sometimes it resembles with something that I fell for with Michael. The most representative thing is, should I say the part about how two totally different natures co-exist?

Dream and Reality, Good and Evil, Victim and Perpetrator, Rational and Instinct.

Taemin sings and expresses (himself) while he comes and goes between the two. From the viewpoint of a creator, he is nothing but a really captivating muse and artist.

Moreover, he split the lyrics and with that capability to dance and act through them one by one.. how his ability to express is so detailed! I fell for Taemin like how the first time I saw Michael. And I am very honored to be able to work together for his Act 2 album that I wanted to participate in so much.

I was worried if my words would be overly emotional or I might make a mistake with my words. So this is how it is after I reduce and shorten it for awhile. But because it is a very honorable and an overwhelming experience. After the song is released, I'm also going to share the story on the lyrics writing. Within a line that will not hurt the room of imagination.

Finally a day before Act 2 released...!

I'm so excited!

Trans credit littlefreak0923

This brought me to tears!!! I love her words so much! ♥

• Words By Taemin! ♥

• Act 2 Hashflags for Twitter

[IMG]

• Twitter Update! ♥

• Current Act 2 Album Sales!

Yes! Keep going!

• ♥♥♥

• Taemin's IDEA MV!!

External Content youtu.be

Masterpiece As Always, My Love!! ♥

• Never Gonna Dance Again Act 2! ♥

My Heart is pounding so much.. I Love them All!

Taemin is Absolutely Stunning in all he does! ♥

• iTunes Booklet! ♥

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!