I think that single passport in China, Korea, and Japan is a problem...

• I think there should be some worldwide rules changes about that...

It's always like that with China, Japan, and Korea

why can't they learn from Europe when some people have 3 or sometimes even more citizenships?

What if dad is Korean and mom Japanese, why a child needs to suffer and "pick" just one citizenship?

Also why the hell in some countries it takes such long time to "obtain"/gain citizenship?

Like seriously, some of people should just come to Europe and learn, and open their minds...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Multiple citizenships don't make much sense. Especially when it comes to drafting for military service. The reason for citizenship is to show full commitment to that country. If one is a dual-citizenship holder, it defeats the purpose...

In the U.S., they don't just let anyone become a citizen. People have to make enough contributions to the nation, particularly scientific or monetary contributions. It's just a way of showing loyalty to the country.

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

Edited once, last by winniethepb ().

• Multiple citizenships don't make much sense. Especially when it comes to drafting for military service. The reason for citizenship is to show full commitment to that country. If one is a dual-citizenship holder, it defeats the purpose...

whole draft in terms of being obligatory in some countries is even worst lol

I mean here in Poland you have clear route, your not forced to join military,

being a soldier is an profession, and you can decide if you want to do it full time, part-time (territorial defense forces), or not to do it at all.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm European and I'm not really fond of multiple citizenships.

well as far as I remember you are German ain't you?

then I can understand what you're talking about but I think I get where it comes from and I bet it's about gov allowing all immigrants to came to Germany without proper 'filter'

• whole draft in terms of being obligatory in some countries is even worst lol

I mean here in Poland you have clear route, your not forced to join military,

being a soldier is an profession, and you can decide if you want to do it full time, part-time (territorial defense forces), or not to do it at all.

It's an obligation when it comes to wartimes. In the U.S. there is something called the Selective Service System, in times of need, any male can be called upon to serve. I'm sure Poland and other European countries have something similar.

• It's an obligation when it comes to wartimes. In the U.S. there is something called the Selective Service System, in times of need, any male can be called upon to serve. I'm sure Poland and other European countries have something similar.

something like reserves well it exists

but in war most people will defend country that's obvious, but for example let's say China goes to war with Japan

you are young Japanese dad of 2 year old daughter, and your wife is pregnant...

imagine you have double citizenship

for example other one is Italian, or I don't know let's say South African

wouldn't it be safer for your family to jump on plane and move to safe place?

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but I also believe there are policy abuses too. I have a friend that holds 3 citizenships, Canda, U.S., and Sweden. His family doesn't pay Swedish taxes but he is able to attend a University there for free. This is just an example, I'm sure there are more abusable policies.

Point is, some can take advantage of other countries' benefits at the cost of those countries' tax payers.

• You can move but if you are called upon, you are obligated to go regardless of where you move to. If the call is disregarded, that's a felony: $250,000 fine and /or 5 years in prison. U.S. government has an extensive extradition network, so let's just say a male refuses to go after getting drafted, he'll be located and face felony charges.

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but I also believe there are policy abuses too. I have a friend that holds 3 citizenships, Canda, U.S., and Sweden. His family doesn't pay Swedish taxes but he is able to attend a University there for free. This is just an example, I'm sure there are more abusable policies.

Point is, some can take advantage of other countries' benefits at the cost of those countries' tax payers.

well, there can always be some projects for repatriates :)

one of them might be funding someone's child education etc.

btw. what power of passport your friend has, can go whenever he/she wants without visa.

• You can move but if you are called upon, you are obligated to go regardless of where you move to. If the call is disregarded, that's a felony: $250,000 fine and /or 5 years in prison. U.S. government has an extensive extradition network, so let's just say a male refuses to go after getting drafted, he'll be located and face felony charges.

actually, I don't think that anyone would fine you during real wartime,

also US well your army usually participates in conflicts but those ain't conflicts on your own soil,

so I'd rather say at one point there might be some split/break to two countries in US rather than war with Mexico or Canada

• well, there can always be some projects for repatriates :)

one of them might be funding someone's child education etc.

btw. what power of passport your friend has, can go whenever he/she wants without visa.

Swedish Passport is probably one of the most powerful passports. Most E:U passport holders along with U.S. and Canadian passport holders can travel virtually anywhere among western countries and allies without a visa.

Edited once, last by winniethepb ().

• For the case you mentioned India for example has a permanent visa you can obtain if you are a child of an Indian citizen or decided to become another country citizen. That’s good enough I think. You can exercise most of your rights except things like voting.

You are only going to live in one country. Why should you be allowed to participate in the governance and benefits of a country where you don’t live?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!