Park Shin Hye's acting

• PSH bad acting? 26

1. NO (6) 23%
    2. YES (5) 19%
    3. MIDDLE (15) 58%

I'm actually shocked when I see many of the people on Reddit dislike Park Shin Hye.

I have been watching Park Shin Hye's drama lately and I think her acting is not bad at all. Some people said that she acts the way for almost all the drama and that she is emotionless.

I am gonna disagree and agree with that.

I think the problem is that she always acting those character who is miserable with sad backstory or damsel in distress. Also, I don't think she really has a remarkable character other than the fight scene in Doctors

The Heirs - The reason why this got such a high rating is because of the casting. Just look at the lineup. it hard to have a low rating with that. Only likeable character is Youndo, Bona, and Myungsoo.

PSH is the only person who is poor in the drama and she also got a mute mother as well. She just a sad character in the drama. Some people said she can't act because she has no facial expression, but I think this is what it requires. She has a sad life and she goes through a lot. I don't think she should smile or stuff.

The memory of Alhambra - Completely useless character for PSH. She doesn't look like a FL at all. The line between Hyunbin and the Secretary is better than them. When the secretary dies, I'm really sad. He was such a good person. I can write a better script than this Memory of Algambtra. The concept is unique and nice, but the script can be better. They should have let PSH joins the game with Secretary and Hyunbin. They all go to Grenada and look for her brother and Secretay didn't die and I'm still mad about his death. Anyway, this didn't maximize the potential of PSH acting skill at all because of useless character.

Doctors - One of the best character she has in the first 2 episodes when she is a gangster. However, the writer decides to turn her into the character who is sad and miserable character because of her grandma due to medical malpractice and go revenge on the doctor 13 years later.

All of her characters are the same: Sad, miserable, not happy, damsel in distress.

I do not find any cringes on her acting at all. I think she portrays her character very well. Maybe it can be better with a different actress but I definitely don't think PSH is bad at acting.

I am gonna watch Pinocchio and Sisyphus next.

• depends, tbh. Her older work wasn't the best, but she's gotten a lot better since then.

"무중력으로 다시 수면으로 떠오를 때, 나는 다른 사람이되는 상상을한다" - 쿠사나기 모토코 (1995)

• I've never seen anything with her so I can't give an opinion, but I know a lot of people who dislikes her acting and kissing scenes too it seems

yeah, her kissing scenes are kind of uncomfortable, tbh.... but her physical acting in doctors and memories of Alhambra was what I thought was pretty solid.

"무중력으로 다시 수면으로 떠오를 때, 나는 다른 사람이되는 상상을한다" - 쿠사나기 모토코 (1995)

• I've never seen anything with her so I can't give an opinion, but I know a lot of people who dislikes her acting and kissing scenes too it seems

Same. I never watched her in anything (her dramas don't appeal to me) but even i know that her kissing scenes are uncomfortable and that she kisses like a dead fish

• I watched Park Shin Hye. She's a good actrees but a limited one. She usually chooses the same style of roles. PSH good in the melodrama genre but she doesn't catch good chemistry in romantic scenes, she usually behaves awkward in love scenes. I think she couldn't improve herself very much, she stuck at a certain limit. Even Suzy better than her now. Because at least Suzy chooses interesting roles and beautiful scenarios and tries out different types of characters.

• Only saw her in The Heirs, her character was awful, so I couldn't really enjoy her acting.

And yeah, her kissing scenes are really awkward.

Yes, I think that is the reason. It is hard to say if she is a good actor or not because I think that her character in every drama was never interesting. Always those same characters with a sad backstory.

I have watched her 3 dramas and I do not find any of her characters interesting.

Her character in doctor is pretty good at first, which is why her fight scene to be well known compared to her other dramas.

and for kissing, couldn't say anything because I don't know why a kissing scene can be awkward or cringe.

• I have watched The Heirs, Pinocchio, Doctors, Memories of the Alhambra, Sisyphus: The Myth and Call. For me she's ok; her acting didn't bother me. But I don't have high standards for acting. I'm more bothered by bad scripts than by bad acting.

MOTA has such a bad script IMO. Her character is basically non-existance. They gonna give her more role than that.

Also same for me, don't really have high standard for acting.

People always said that this actor can't act or that actor kiss scene is weird.

I actually never feel anything at all in any other drama, not just PSH one so really don't know how it is to be call that actor can't act or kiss scene is weird or whatever.

e77081de72e7482a84d9b51f2f83d436.gif

Edited once, last by Abozu ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!