TW: Women's Right Movement in Korea Right Now

• Ok so this is supposed to be educational on the type of things woman in Korea have to put up with. These movements are all ones I take part in and I just wanted to explain molka to you

Molka: cameras installed in places to capture people in vulnerable states and these are sold or shared online without the consent of those being filmed. It is mostly women who are filmed and mostly men who use the videos. There may be cameras in places like public restrooms, hotels, and hospitals. Laws remain too vague to say if these videos are illegal or not. Usually there is no punishment unless the footage is of children (child p*orn) or if there is actual violence.

Hyehwa Protests: A male art model was photographed walking around naked and a female student posted it online, wanting to call him out. She got taken to court by the model and she got fined and jailed under the same laws that were not being applied to the molka cases. The laws supposed to protect us put a woman in jail. 12 thousand woman, myself included, took to the streets in protest to this.

Taking off the corset: a movement right now where lots of women are 'taking off the corset' by refusing long hair, makeup, feminine clothes and sometimes going as far as refusing man x woman relationships, children and marriage.

My resources

Molka

Voyeurism Law Problems

Hyehwa Protests

Woman are fed up

Taking off the corset

• It is nice to see them standing up for themselves. South Korea has a lot of weird rules. I heard that the punishment for r*** is the same as punishment for drugs.

Yes, most of the time no one fights for women's right except for the girls themselves

It just makes me mad that there is so much in the law and government and society that is stacked against us and no one but the suffering care

People are being jailed for protesting these things too

I'm so upset, but luckily I have a few friends who also protest with me so we have safety in numbers

• These cameras are a huge problem in Asia if I'm not mistaken, I watched a docu series about the same issue in China and Japan.

True, even in India. I have seen movie scenes(most of the movies in my language are realistic or based on real events) where there are cameras in a hotel room for girls.

• A lot of countries fail to protect women, its a shame since they want them to be submissive and in need of protection but then they dont provide it

Exactly, I don't understand

But the crazy thing is: my bf protests too, but because he's a guy, lots of men have turned their backs on him because they think he is trying to help us become equal and apparently they see that as bad

• In Japan there's a problem with trains, a lot of women get molested and get pictures of them taken on trains. I feel like a lot of countries just don't care about women, then again they did make all-women trains imo

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• well firstly as a dude such behaviours are abhorrent but isn't the issue with specifically the men who do such things and the government and courts for failing to enact proper laws and policies to deal with such? and also with the police for failing to enforce such laws once enacted...

• well firstly as a dude such behaviours are abhorrent but isn't the issue with specifically the men who do such things and the government and courts for failing to enact proper laws and policies to deal with such? and also with the police for failing to enforce such laws once enacted...

yes, of course the problem is that nothing is protecting girls. The main problem is that the government isn't doing enough to help us. If they would do their job and protect us the way they protect men here than molka wouldn't be a thing, the streets wouldn't be filled with protestors and girls could go back to regular life instead of always being on guard.

• Molka: Who put on those.. candid cameras?

Hyehwa Protests:

a. A man walking naked ..Where I am at he can get busted for obscene / public indecency that compensated

discomfort caused to populace, be fined or further depends on damage done. If the dude is confirmed a nutcase

then otherwise. What do both naked walking men and women get in SK now?

b. What if the girl student reported that pic first off to police instead of exposing it in public? Is it gonna be forever

before SK cops do something?

c. Girl student fined and jailed for posting that pic sounds a pro lawyer job on top of naked walking dude did no

physical harm for a fact. how long did she stay behind bars ?

I have not checked all the links sorry.

• I'm pretty sure people can be fined or something for being naked in public but I don't understand why he wasn't punished

I think she should have gone to the police instead of posting the pic of social media but who knows what would have resulted. They may have done something but maybe not, who even knows?

He didn't do any physical harm but the other students were uncomfortable but just wanted him to put some clothes on. I'm not sure but I think it was 10 months that she was in jail

• In Japan there's a problem with trains, a lot of women get molested and get pictures of them taken on trains.

As far as I know their laws work in such a way that if you kick or push someone, you will be the culprit even if before that you were touched by a pervert. They can't physically protect themselves.

432-ynitmfg-gif

Edited once, last by 0neechan ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!