10002.jpg

Eurovision Song Contest: Rotterdam 2021

1st Semi-Final: 18th May

2nd Semi-Final: 20th May

GRAND FINAL: 22nd May

Participating Countries:

Official Recap

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Who are you rooting for? :whatr:

• songs I like so far (still haven't heard all the entries):

Sweden- thought I was listening to starboy for a moment and I like that song

Croatia- I've been listening to it a lot in the past couple of days (vintage version tho)

Azerbaijan- catchy

Russia- song grows on you

France- I like that she's singing in French, nice feeling while listening to the song

Switzerland- :thumbup:

• Official Post

Also I really love Israel's song and she's a great performer too.

You like serbia =O that's how our pop sounds like. I'm honestly surprised

Also three balkan songs! We are doing it right it seems :D

Loco Loco is so catchy :waterr: Glad Serbia stopped sending in boring ballads cause I wasn't here for that.

Yes, they're all really good. :oops:

Azerbaijan- catchy

This aged like milk for me lol

• My faves:

Switzerland

France

Lithuania

Romania

Russia

Ukraine

I couldn't narrow it down to 5 : /

Honorable mentions:

Finland

Azerbaijan

Moldova (don't at me :-D )

I'm rooting for france and switzerland

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• many say loco loco is trashy :D but whatever their final ranking, this is the first time in a long time we sent a group and music that is actually popular here. Look at the views, most of them are from serbia and our neighboring countries :D

You're not the only one regarding azerbaijan, many got bored of it.

Malta is the first at bookies and i find it generic. But what do i know!

• Never got the hype with Italy's song, maybe it's just me cause I hate rock nnn

Many people I know like it O_o

It's fine, It won't be my bathroom break :D ( but germany will rip). I prefer finland, it reminds me of linkin park from early 2000s.

I don't usually like rock songs but i loved 2018 hungary but sadly the frontman died due to some illness. He was so young :(

Btw, the last time we heard our 2019 song was at the contest. Nobody listens to such music, i can't even remember it, we shift deleted it from our memories.

It's so cool that you enjoy eurovision :pepelove1: how did that happen?

• Most are horrible, especially the entry from my homecountry

BTW San Marino... was that Flo Rida?

What's your home country? If it's germany then i agree :-D you don't have to say if you don't want :pepelove1:

Yes, he is. I'm not quite sure if he's going to be there, covid, flight restrictions and all

• And Australia can kiss the finals goodbye, that song is bad. :siptear: The song from last year was much better.

They won't be traveling to rotterdam due to covid restrictions and will be sending prerecorded performance. I already didn't like the song but chances of them qualifying now are nonexistent

• What's your home country? If it's germany then i agree :-D you don't have to say if you don't want :pepelove1:

Yes, he is. I'm not quite sure if he's going to be there, covid, flight restrictions and all

My country has so many good artists and yet again they menage to blame themself each year it's sad. The past years since the last time we won were mostly pretty sad

In case you don't know any music from here, I send you some stuff to test out that is way better than most stuff my country ever sended lol

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

Edited once, last by JiminieKookie ().

• Official Post

Most are horrible, especially the entry from my homecountry

BTW San Marino... was that Flo Rida?

I agree lmaoo

I didn't even expect Flo Rida lol, but I don't think he'll be there cause covid restrictions. I think San Marino will probably place like 9-12 in the finals though which will still be like their best performing song in years. It's a fan-favorite.

• forgot to mention it earlier but Cyprus is pretty good too :pepe-grooving:

• JiminieKookie

So i guessed it :-D honestly, it doesn't sound like a song anyone anywhere would listen.

I promise I'll listen to all songs. For now i listened to the 1st and i really like it. I honestly don't get why don't they send popular music.

Also, the way you disrespected this gem!

itiswhatitisss serhat tho :-D that man cannot even sing, i don't remember his final ranking but it was better than he deserved :-D iirc he did well in his semi lol

• Official Post

Yep. I prefer Finland's as well, but imo they both still lack compared to other countries' songs. But I do like how they're bringing rock back.

LOL the 2019 song was really boring, so understandable. Love how they ditched those boring songs, Serbia is definitely one of my top picks this year. And we can always count on them to sing in their own language. :oops:

I don't know, I've always heard about Eurovision and would occasionally listen to some songs, but I wasn't really interested until this year. :lover3: I clearly missed out, cause now I'm obsessed lol

• Official Post

Didn't he place like 19? He deserved higher tbh, the song was catchy and the whole thing was just really funny in general. ^^ Hopefully San Marino doesn't get the same treatment this year, their song this year was really good.

• Official Post

A bop I fear

:pepemusic:

• forgot to mention it earlier but Cyprus is pretty good too :pepe-grooving:

It's a nice song but they are trying to repeat eleni's success :fingerk: there's only one eleni

itiswhatitisss

So you didn't hear this classic. She was 2nd and many were really upset she didn't win. Unfortunately for you, your first language is english and can understand all idiots lyrics, in this case "you got me pelican fly, fly, flying" :angryr: i couldn't figure out what she was saying lol

• Official Post

you liked it at first and got sick of it after having it on repeat for too long? :eyes:

No it's just bad imo, just another basic pop song. :waterr: She will never beat the original Mata Hari :fingerk:

• LOL the 2019 song was really boring, so understandable. Love how they ditched those boring songs, Serbia is definitely one of my top picks this year. And we can always count on them to sing in their own language. :oops:

I don't know, I've always heard about Eurovision and would occasionally listen to some songs, but I wasn't really interested until this year. :lover3: I clearly missed out, cause now I'm obsessed lol

it was dated, they tried it to sound retro but ended up with dated. I only remember it was a terrible song, it was in serbian, and that she wore a black dress. And that's it.

Our thought process is let's represent our country in our language, plus we're the only who's going to listen to it after the contest so let's make it in serbian :D

I really like the contest, i love the fandom that forgets about political nonsense and just focus on music. And you'll see how exciting and nerve wrecking voting is! I really love esc :oops:

• Didn't he place like 19? He deserved higher tbh, the song was catchy and the whole thing was just really funny in general. ^^ Hopefully San Marino doesn't get the same treatment this year, their song this year was really good.

19th place for san marino is amazing! I think they qualified three times overall :/ It's a country of 35k people, they don't have diaspora to help them, (i just checked) but ending up at #8 place in your semi... =O people really like the song, it's a fun song

agree, i think they will qualify without question

• I'm slowly going to check out the songs and see what I like the most :D

• Whoah Switzerland's and France's songs are really gooood! The taste!

I have to check the others

(while I'm being productive :eyes:)

• Whoah Switzerland's and France's songs are really gooood! The taste!

I have to check the others

(while I'm being productive :eyes:)

Last year's winner (cheers ;( )

Runner up (cheers and claps ;( )

Btw claps weren't scripted, most of the arena audience are esc fandom and they are ofc familiar with all the songs. Look at how nice it looks <3 and this is the first time he performed, italy is a direct qualifier.

Tell me these songs aren't quality!

• No it's just bad imo, just another basic pop song. :waterr: She will never beat the original Mata Hari :fingerk:

damn even I have not heard of this one before, your eurovision knowledge is something else :eek:

It's a nice song but they are trying to repeat eleni's success :fingerk: there's only one eleni

now that you said it, they did kind of go for the same formula but a bop regardless :pepelove2:

• I'm confused, I thought there was no Eurovision last year!!

Going to check up the winners now!

• I pretend last year didn't happen :pepe-sad:

If i mess up and say last year i mean 2019 :)

Hahhaha ok ok, I get it now :D Last year was really one big oops, so I'm totally confused about it (not only Eurovision-wise).

• now that you said it, they did kind of go for the same formula but a bop regardless :pepelove2:

Yes, they just don't want to drop the eleni formula. what they don't get is that you cannot replicate charisma. But it's definitely better than 2019, which was another eleni copy :D

It is a bop tho 8)

• Official Post

Dum Tek Tek in the top 10 :omgr:

Not some of the worst 2021 Eurovision songs here, Russia at #2? :peperun: Only Loco Loco deserves it's spot out of the 2021 songs tbh.

• External Content www.youtube.com

Dum Tek Tek in the top 10 :omgr:

Not some of the worst 2021 Eurovision songs here, Russia at #2? :peperun:

Fairy Tale doing well after all these years :pepelove1:

• Official Post

Fairy Tale doing well after all these years :pepelove1:

It went viral on TikTok lolol :pepe-life-support: It's a good song so deserved :pepelove1:

• Official Post

Arcade also went viral on TikTok and now it's charting on Billboard lol, I think that's why there are so many views.

Fuego deserved the win anyway. :siptear:

• This thread contains 864 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!