I was in a discussion with people about Chuang2021

• So I'm in a discord server about JPop and was just letting the people know that 3 Japanese participants won and they said "Twitter is full of only Chinese and English coments, no Japanese coments, so apparently Japanese people give a freak about this show" and "I bet they prefer to watch Produce 101 Japan season 2 instead of Chuang2021"

So what do you guys think?

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• So I'm in a discord server about JPop and was just letting the people know that 3 Japanese participants won and they said "Twitter is full of only Chinese and English coments, no Japanese coments, so apparently Japanese people give a freak about this show" and "I bet they prefer to watch Produce 101 Japan season 2 instead of Chuang2021"

So what do you guys think?

Actually, on Chuang 2021 the comments on Twitter are mainly Thai!

But definitely far more Japanese comments than Chinese ones if you look at the Chuang 2021 timeline on Twitter search. Not surprising since since China doesn't use TW.

It is a given that Japanese would prefer Produce 101 Japan more no?

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• There are literally dozens of posts every minute so I did a quick poll of a minute's worth of Tweets.

Overwhelmingly Thai, out of like 30-40 posts. But there were definitely Japanese ones and they were fairly frequent. English was the other main language being posted. No Chinese posts in that particular minute.

DD5A7666-1B91-472F-BC6D-D54805257CCC.jpeg

35218807-986A-48A5-8601-903B132CD8AE.jpeg

9EB02620-43DA-4521-AAE6-C82CA816EE66.jpeg

319D52A5-61D1-45E7-838A-889E49E3FBCC.jpeg

English would mainly be IFans I imagine.

• I've seen quite a lot of Japanese comments.

Just search for this on Twitter and you'll see more Japanese comments than you can read: "#创造营2021 lang:ja"

https://twitter.com/search?q=%…lang%3Aja&src=typed_query

I completely forgot you can also search in Kanji :)

We are so English-centric even in an Asian pop culture forum!

So, are you surprised by Nine and then Patrick surging back in at the finals? I remember posting with you at the start of the show and you thought maybe the Thais might not have anyone in the debuting team this time.

Here we are again, two Thais on INTO1!

• Yeah, I'm pretty surprised too! Guess they proved me wrong.

I have a feeling they definitely rigged Nine's rank up though - many are speculating Tencent is using him as a lightening rod to deflect attention away from Zhang Jiayuan, AK & Zhou Keyu's debut. It seems to be working though and people are acting as if Nine somehow stole Caelan's debut spot. It seems to be working since he's getting a ton of hate atm (from Caelan, Patrick & weirdly enough, Keyu's fans.)

Someone definitely took Caelan's spot, but it wasn't Nine (since all the data points to him being in the Top 11) if we are judging everyone on equal footing and not restricted to pitting the international trainees against each other.

This could've all been avoided if they just debuted Caelan instead of AK, but alas, Tencent won't allow foreigners to be the majority of the group.

• Well, Tencent wanted to create the INTERNATIONAL group, right?

Patrick and Nine always ranked 1st and 2nd based on WeTV Official Overall Ranking, the only app that much much easier for INTERNATIONAL audiences to vote !

Especially, Nine got 3 MVPs and 2 SuperMVPs from live Chinese audiences and...

ranked 1st in Indonesia

2c58aee48778dcabb968e05d55fa5474.jpg

ranked 1st in Korea8bdc78cfffc387bc0486d9b9626f8041.jpg

ranked 1st in the Philippines70815d6bbd5f340de00822fa51b0b646.jpg

ranked 2nd in Japanf3c04c161003298ec111851c92ac6a69.jpg

ranked 2nd in Thailand

e1bf02abc9e8c3bbf07fed9d03f0a975.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/CHUANG_Off…tatus/1383374752572604418

But, as you said in another thread Rumors: Chuang 2021's Japanese trainees are dominant in rankings! ... --> "the bulk of the official vote will come from those silly yogurt drinks"

02lu1gze18851.jpg

Money trumps all

• Yeah, the yogurt drinks were what got the money flowng from the fan clubs. lol

AK had the last spot so he is suspect by Caelan's fans since Caelan was 7th last week. But I think all the foreigners must have had pretty good support from the Chinese fans since they must have been the ones buying the most drinks.

In the end 5 foreigners out of 11 is pretty good compared to PD48 where it was just 3 out of 12. If we use the Korean definition, there are actually 6 foreigners in INTO1 because Keyu grew up as Daniel Zhou in the US!

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied. I hope the band can actually tour ourside China but that depends on Covid, I guess. I think they would do well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!