BTS is the most critically acclaimed boyband worldwide or in Korea ever

• Just saying this, BB, Infinite etc boygroups were very critically acclaimed internationally too. But metacritic seems like only started write review since 2018. The Canadian music critic I follow (he has a blog and he reviews most kpop music even incuding nugu groups and artists) reviewed lots of BTS's music group. They have scored amazingly good. Most of their songs got 8-9 out of 10. Same with BB and Infinite etc groups.

DM me the link

• Just saying this, BB, Infinite etc boygroups were very critically acclaimed internationally too. But metacritic seems like only started write review since 2018. The Canadian music critic I follow (he has a blog and he reviews most kpop music even incuding nugu groups and artists) reviewed lots of BTS's music group. They have scored amazingly good. Most of their songs got 8-9 out of 10. Same with BB and Infinite etc groups.

Im talking about actual review sites. Someones blog is no better than posting on AKP.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• OK, lets try to find any actual reviews of BB. Pitchfork gave GD a 6.1, when he had the album attempting to break into west, thats it. NME has an article about Seungri and Coachella, thats it. I have not seen any valid review sites review them. Korean critical acclaim should be nicely consolidated in KMAs results.

Its ok to stan artists who are not critical darlings :)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Metacritic wise BROCKHAMPTON has a higher average score.

And the saturation trilogy is one of the best projects of the 2000s

Yeah, but theyre not really a boyband, thats why I didnt include them.

• Im talking about actual review sites. Someones blog is no better than posting on AKP.

That music critic has been writing review for metacritic before mostly for European rock pop music. Since 2012 he has got into kpop but that sites didn't use to review kpop music. So he has started his own blog for only kpop music since then. I am just saying kpop groups have never recieved critical acclaim is a lie. If you make little research there are lots of critical acclaims for kpop groups from Billboard, Pitchfork, Guardian etc sites that writes review for Metacritic. At least I hope you have heard Infinite "The Chaser". I am not arguing who got more acclaim I am just saying other groups got acclaim too. But the site metacritic only got score to BTS.

• That music critic has been writing review for metacritic before mostly for European rock pop music. Since 2012 he has got into kpop but that sites didn't use to review kpop music. So he has started his own blog for only kpop music since then. I am just saying kpop groups have never recieved critical acclaim is a lie. If you make little research there are lots of critical acclaims for kpop groups from Billboard, Pitchfork, Guardian etc sites that writes review for Metacritic. At least I hope you have heard Infinite "The Chaser". I am not arguing who got more acclaim I am just saying other groups got acclaim too. But the site metacritic only got score to BTS.

Can you link the site?

Noone writes reviews for metacritic, metacritic simply aggregates existing reviews.

I have really not seen much reviews of kpop on valid sites. Especially before BTS paved the way to the west. Billboard is not a review site, they dont have any music critics. Metacritic doesnt have profiles for other groups because they dont have enough reviews. And they dont have enough reviews because theyre not culturally relevant in music critic cirles. Its not even about being Asian, since indie Asian artists do have enough reviews and do have a metacritic profiles.

Yeah, Ive heard that song and I wasnt impressed. Critical acclaim is not about having one song anyway, we are talking about albums or whole discography here.

• OK, lets try to find any actual reviews of BB. Pitchfork gave GD a 6.1, when he had the album attempting to break into west, thats it. NME has an article about Seungri and Coachella, thats it. I have not seen any valid review sites review them. Korean critical acclaim should be nicely consolidated in KMAs results.

Its ok to stan artists who are not critical darlings :)

Lmfao... this has nothing to do with BB or any Artist you are just wrong with your claim cause nobody ever talks about “most critical acclaim “ as there aren’t clear sources for that. People talk about Acts who have a lot of critical acclaim.

Also your last statement couldn’t be more wrong and didn’t help your argument at all but on the other hand I didn’t expected anything else from you anyway :)

• Lmfao... this has nothing to do with BB or any Artist you are just wrong with your claim cause nobody ever talks about “most critical acclaim “ as there aren’t clear sources for that. People talk about Acts who have a lot of critical acclaim.

Also your last statement couldn’t be more wrong and didn’t help your argument at all but on the other hand I didn’t expected anything else from you anyway :)

There are literally sources for albums or artists with most critical acclaim. Its not clear cut, but you can see the rough segments artists fall into. And BTS is in a different segment from the rest of boybands, globally or locally. You can agree or disagree with critics, but you cant go around claiming Radiohead isnt more critically acclaimed than Maroon 5 or than Kendrick Lamar is somehow on same level with 6ix9ine. Same goes for other genres.

Edited once, last by myaza ().

• There are literally sources for albums or artists with most critical acclaim. Its not clear cut, but you can see the rough segments artists fall into. And BTS is in a different segment from the rest of boybands, globally or locally. You can agree or disagree with critics, but you cant go around claiming Radiohead isnt more critically acclaimed than Maroon 5 or than Kendrick Lamar is somehow on same level with 6ix9ine. Same goes for other genres.

Exactly they aren’t clear and differ from source to source. BTS is a great critically acclaimed Group but there is nothing that can 100% say they are the most or even “ever” .

Of course not everyone is on the same level... still your claim is wrong cause you can’t determine something like this. And literally nobody does. But Kpop fans want a most or best in nearly everything lol. There are areas where you can do this but this isn’t one.

• Exactly they aren’t clear and differ from source to source. BTS is a great critically acclaimed Group but there is nothing that can 100% say they are the most or even “ever” .

Of course not everyone is on the same level... still your claim is wrong cause you can’t determine something like this. And literally nobody does. But Kpop fans want a most or best in nearly everything lol. There are areas where you can do this but this isn’t one.

The difference is big enough to be clear. BTS are on another level.

If you dont think other music genre fans dont argue about music quality or reviews or critical acclaim or being "the best" then I dont know what to say even. It was the only thing I fought about before kpop lmao

• If you dont think other music genre fans dont argue about music quality or reviews or critical acclaim or being "the best" then I dont know what to say even. It was the only thing I fought about before kpop lmao

Just because success stans live for that doesn’t mean the rest do the same.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!