BTS is the most critically acclaimed boyband worldwide or in Korea ever

• Facts spilled as usual myaza!

• That statement is not true.

BTS is the BG with the most critical acclaim on Metacritic. On that site and not worldwide and definitely not ever.

The critics over there are American-centric, they don’t really review Forgein Groups unless they are somehow known in the US as they relay on article reviews etc. So definitely also not in Korea if you only rely on that site.

The site was created in 1999, the focus wasn’t even really on music as it is now. Many Boygroups therefore not included or their score is lower because there weren’t enough article sources from their time.

Also with BTS having more KMA Deasangs then BB, you do realize that BB hasn’t been active since 2016 ? It’s not a good proof either.

But they are the biggest BG right now that’s true.

I know some of you will come at me but y’all know I’m right.

• its always the vips smh

give it up

this isn't 2015 anymore

• I said that I included the big boy bands of recent years. The point was to compare biggest boybands over their critical response and most big boy bands have been western. Kpop boy bands dont have any good critical reponse, KMAs have existed from 2004 and boy groups other than BTS have only 1 daesang and few nominations or smaller category wins. Big Bang releasing nothing since 2016 doesnt have anything to do with this, since BB have been big since debut (therefore on their radar) and KMAs have existing during their whole career. Other big boy bands have been Japanese and noone is critically acclaiming them.

If all existing sources point to one direction, it kind of seems true, no?

We can maybe argue about Jackson 5 or Bee Gees or whatever, when it comes to boy bands from more distant history and boyband definitions, but that has less to do with the point, which is looking at boybands in modern sense.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by myaza ().

• I said that I included the big boy bands of recent years. The point was to compare biggest boybands over their critical response and most big boy bands have been western. Kpop boy bands dont have any good critical reponse, KMAs have existed from 2004 and boy groups other than BTS have only 1 daesang and few nominations or smaller category wins. Other big boy bands have been Japanese and noone is critically acclaiming them.

We can maybe argue about Jackson 5 or Bee Gees or whatever, when it comes to boy bands from more distant history and boyband definitions, but that has less to do with the point, which is looking at boybands in modern sense.

Just saying this, BB, Infinite etc boygroups were very critically acclaimed internationally too. But metacritic seems like only started write review since 2018. The Canadian music critic I follow (he has a blog and he reviews most kpop music even incuding nugu groups and artists) reviewed lots of BTS's music group. They have scored amazingly good. Most of their songs got 8-9 out of 10. Same with BB and Infinite etc groups.

• Also with BTS having more KMA Deasangs then BB, you do realize that BB hasn’t been active since 2016 ? It’s not a good proof either.

Please stop downplaying BTS. BTS got 3 daesang KMA in just less than 6 years in their career.

KMA has been around since 2004 now explain why Big bang only got 1 from the 10 years they are active from debut to 2016? They had 10 years to achieve more.

Congrats BTS! :)

• Just saying this, BB, Infinite etc boygroups were very critically acclaimed internationally too. But metacritic seems like only started write review since 2018. The Canadian music critic I follow (he has a blog and he reviews most kpop music even incuding nugu groups and artists) reviewed lots of BTS's music group. They have scored amazingly good. Most of their songs got 8-9 out of 10. Same with BB and Infinite etc groups.

bts still have more critical acclaim

• I said that I included the big boy bands of recent years. The point was to compare biggest boybands over their critical response and most big boy bands have been western. Kpop boy bands dont have any good critical reponse, KMAs have existed from 2004 and boy groups other than BTS have only 1 daesang and few nominations or smaller category wins. Other big boy bands have been Japanese and noone is critically acclaiming them.

Again you only had two sources. Metacritic and KMA, they are an indicator that this Group had critical acclaim but is not a good argument for the most ever. Ever means even older Groups and not just in the modern sense. There are other critics sites where BTS isn’t even included.

Is BTS the best critical acclaim BG on Metacritic ? Yes

Do they have the most KMA wins ? Yes

But to combine this and claim they are the most critical acclaim BG ever is a little reach considering that it takes far more researches and it’s also a bit more complex to detain that.

If you only mean in Korea ? It’s debatable.

Anyway not here to argue with you, i just felt your arguments for that claim is weak and not really thought out.

• I said that I included the big boy bands of recent years. The point was to compare biggest boybands over their critical response and most big boy bands have been western. Kpop boy bands dont have any good critical reponse, KMAs have existed from 2004 and boy groups other than BTS have only 1 daesang and few nominations or smaller category wins. Big Bang releasing nothing since 2016 doesnt have anything to do with this, since BB have been big since debut (therefore on their radar) and KMAs have existing during their whole career. Other big boy bands have been Japanese and noone is critically acclaiming them.

Preach :siptear:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!