Guys there's rumors circulating about Irene right now but don't panic

• There's so many rumors on Chinese and Taiwanese sites right now about the list of contestants for next year's "Chuang 2022". A lot of unexpected names are being brought up. Under "Lamup" is the Chinese character version of Irene's name, Bae Juhyun.

This could mean several things:

- Irene refuses to re-sign with SM and since SM will block her in Korea she's taking her chances in China

- her controversy was so bad that SM had to pay a lot in termination fees for her cancelled CFs and she's in a real need of Chinese money to pay off her debt

EyRHJfmW8AM7-0-?format=png&name=medium

EyJaKSaWEAIw2Rd?format=jpg&name=medium

• I need context. What's that show about?

produce 101, China version

They also say Shuhua and Hitomi will be on

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What kind of show is this? I mean is Korean can really go make a career in China after leaving Korea?

I'm not really sure about that but I've heard Yoona is really popular there and she passed some second level chinese ability test last year (or 2019 I can't remember)

• I'm not really sure about that but I've heard Yoona is really popular there and she passed some second level chinese ability test last year (or 2019 I can't remember)

But Yoona still good with SM and if Irene leaves SM and only focuses on her career in China, she will face many difficulties to return to Korea. As we know, many Chinese idols that make their career there find it hard to return to Korea. Thus, that person will surely leave his/her group. If this is true, Irene will most likely leave RV & RV itself might be disbanded.

• I don't care about her. And I don't care about rumors, but it would not surprise me if she had money issues, don't see anyone in the industry giving her the time of the day again. She's not worth the effort.

• I don't think it's true since Sm and rv said rv is preparing for a comeback in 2021. Plus during her bullying scandal belle shao a popular stylist made a statement about Irene's bad charecter. So it might be a bit of a hurdle for her in china.

I think japan would be better for Irene than China tbh. Twice is minting money in Japan and Jyp is milking J-Once's dry cuz they are willing to spend insane amounts. I don't think Japanese reveluvs cared much about irene's issue so japan is better.

Desbundar

• Why would Irene ever participate in this lol

She had a bad controversy but her movie has no problem airing and with time, things will die down as it already has to a certain extent. She doesn't need to leave Korea, and she's made plenty of money already. She will no doubt still get projects and opportunities in the future.

• Irene as a trainee on Chuang 2022?! That's nuts. Her Korean name being listed is intriguing.

But it makes absolutely no sense for her to be on this show unless she is a mentor like Lisa is for YWY.

If she is going to China, it would be like Yoona as an established star. And most likely as an actress.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!