The debate is over.. here is the second most popular kpop gg in japan

• This thread is bough to you by severe procrastination :pepe-life-support:

Ok so in this thread people questioned if izone was/is actually the most popular after twice.

And I went to search cuz why not right??

And came across this survey made by line survey which turned out to be pretty legit ( they have a partnership with the Japanese gov to cover COVID data):

Survey of japan’s most popular girl groups ( published in 2020, sample size:~600k)

Overall:

C3849DFB-97AD-473D-A0D0-D044A467ABCF.png

No kpop gg except twice and it top5 impressive

By age and gender:

73BDFA7A-D338-48E0-9103-D537C2CCD72E.png

Other kpop ggs than twice:

Bp: appears in the top10 for: men in 10s, women in 10s 20s 30s and 40s

Itzy: appears in the top10 for: women in 10s

Izone: nowhere to be found unfortunately

TL;DR: it’s BlackPink btches they’re in everyone’s area!!!

except Japanese men area tho.. :pepe-back-away:

Edit: umm Snsd are 7 overall so let’s say popular from 3rd and 4th gen

Your average ggs enthusiast...

Edited 2 times, last by I-dont-cAre ().

• Damn izone's stats in these surveys r bad. Itzy has good future in Japan.

And it was proved yesterday itself bp is the second biggest in Japan.

Yeah I was shocked and people be lying to the intl community so many Reddit posts I came across say it’s twice and izone smh.

What happened yesterday?

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• Damn izone's stats in these surveys r bad. Itzy has good future in Japan.

And it was proved yesterday itself bp is the second biggest in Japan.

Sakura pretty much saved them in terms of sales but they weren’t really that popular public recognition wise. They pretty much ruined their hype over there + their Japanese releases were... yeah then once NiziU debuted it was game over. Basically most of the K-pop girl groups had their fans taken from NiziU debut.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• Sakura pretty much saved them in terms of sales but they weren’t really that popular public recognition wise. They pretty much ruined their hype over there + their Japanese releases were... yeah then once NiziU debuted it was game over. Basically most of the K-pop girl groups had their fans taken from NiziU debut.

The Walmart TWICE really stabbed everyone in the skull with their debut.

Sony's power.

♡ K P P ♡

• The top rank is practically the same with slight differences from the Nikkei survey, Nikkei does have perfume as #1, so I am bias towards it ;-)

It does have I*zone as #16, No other kpop act is on it, and it was perhaps completed before the JYP group debuted since I do not see them on the chart.

EZmC7VxXkAAFgah.png

https://www.babymetalnews.com/…020-talent-power-ranking/

• BTW I also found this one, and it is interesting, while Twice is by far the most popular kpop girl group in Japan, they score slightly below Kara and Girls Generation in this historical comparative.

public-recognition-2010-2019-703x1024.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!