Remember when everyone expected Dynamite to have no longevity? Look at what has happened

• Unfortunately old AKP is gone, but the whole world, including AKP was expecting Dynamite to have no longevity.

Now lets see what has happened.

Its the 2nd most streamed song of 2021 globally:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It will break Gangnam Style's record for most weeks on Hot100 for a song by Korean artist next week, while facing much stricter recurrency rules.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It is still in top 10 of global tracks chart at UWC:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

And this is the one and only time BTS has released a promoted single. And immediately it ended up being the 2nd global hit by a Korean artist. Imagine what can happen in the future :danceb:

Did you think this would ever be possible?

External Content youtu.be

• I never thought it would be this huge. I mean I knew it will be big but not this much.

Old akp threads should not have been deleted. BTS peaked, BTS won't even chart on Melon now that it is based on ULs and many more narratives during lockdown deserve to be shown this. This forum was hell for a BTS supporter during that period.

• I never thought it would be this huge. I mean I knew it will be big but not this much.

Old akp threads should not have been deleted. BTS peaked, BTS won't even chart on Melon now that it is based on ULs and many more narratives during lockdown deserve to be shown this. This forum was hell for a BTS supporter during that period.

I thought it would be huge for BTS. But not 2nd most streamed song of 2021 huge. This is legit insane.

Its the 5th most streamed 2020 song on Spotify by now, it seems unreal.

Yeah, spring/summer 2020 was antis paradise on AKP. According to them BTS should have been long over their peak by now, but theyre still growing.

• Yep, people were wishin' and hopin' hard that BTS had fallen off and they tried to clown this track but it literally blew up in their faces. This song is insanely huge WW and as numbers show, still isn't slowing down.

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

• I knew it would be massive but the longitivtiy even in 2021 is crazy.

Expecting a few salty replies soon :pepe-toast:

Yes, the 2021 longevity surprised me.

I think Dynamite has become immune to salt. Some people just like to pretend it doesnt exist.

• The streaming consistency is what makes Dyna so insane. ARMYs can only do so much with sales and ARMYs are notorious bad at streaming. So all those streams have to be new fans.

Yes, the longevity is obviously not armys, its new fans and GP. By now it has even been taken off of paylists and its still ranking at #25 on Spotify.

They spent all of 2020 trolling and mocking BTS. Started with Black Swan with them hating the song for its excessive autotune, then mocking On for its charting, then come May attacking Jungkook for Itaewon and June upto Festa dragging Yoongi for Jim Jones. When Dynamite got announced most digital chart experts on the old forum who would haunt that thread did not even bother with predicting Dynamite's performance, much less consider it as a contender for SoTY cause they had, like most Kpop stans, written BTS' obituary by then. And then Dynamite, true to its name, obliterated all their delusional hopes and dreams of BTS' downfall.

Well well well, look where we are now :pepe-toast:

• And this is the one and only time BTS has released a promoted single. And immediately it ended up being the 2nd global hit by a Korean artist. Imagine what can happen in the future :danceb:

Did you think this would ever be possible?

External Content youtu.be

This... people hadn't seen what it would be like for BTS to get an actual promoted and pushed single the way many acts are pushed...... and once they did... let's just say... they're scared lol and probably want like every song bts releases to have less support than their faves.

• This... people hadn't seen what it would be like for BTS to get an actual promoted and pushed single the way many acts are pushed...... and once they did... let's just say... they're scared lol and probably want like every song bts releases to have less support than their faves.

There was the whole "BTS arent singles artists" narrative, before BTS had ever released a single :cryingr:

• Look it took me months to stop being amazed every time I heard Dynamite on a Samsung ad while my parents were watching the news on TV. And I still feel a bit of a twirl when it happens.

This is beyond imagination.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!