It feels so good to see all the love for iKON again

• It felt like people forgot them totally but all the support they're getting for Kingdom shows that they just needed a little exposure after everything that happened with Hanbin.

Watch their performance if you haven't already :pepelove1:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• THIS SONG IS THAT BITCH

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• THIS SONG IS THAT BITCH

External Content www.youtube.com

Sarangeul haetda uriga manna~~~ :pepemusic:

• I think that Kingdom was always going to be a reset for them. The fact they have been so well-received, particularly in Korea, is heartwarming.

Those of us that have followed since before debut aren't surprised...their talent and personalities were always going to win people over. People just needed to give them another chance.

I'll be honest, my heart was still tender from what happened in 2019 and it was hard for me to watch them afterwards. It just hurt too much.

But this last comeback sealed it for me. I think they've figured out their new dynamic, which I'm sure even they wondered about right after B.I left.

But what they're doing now works...a new mature feel but still some old-school iKON mixed in. But at the end of the day, they're amazing entertainers and fun to watch.

Sometimes a new dynamic works better. WINNER found their biggest success after a member left. Not saying that'll happen, but sometimes it feels like an entirely new group and fans can respond to that.

Plus, I think they're genuinely happy now. I don't think that's always been the case.

I could feel their sadness for Dive comeback.

I feel like both iKON and B.I are both finally in a good place and we can support both happily.

But as I suspected, KINGDOM was going to win new fans for them and breathe new life into iKON.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Yup, as a fan of theirs since a long time, it did really hurt not seeing B.I at first. I hope Kingdom give them a huge boost as the members will probably start enlisting in a year or two so this is like another chance for them to win hearts of the old/new fans.

• Yup, as a fan of theirs since a long time, it did really hurt not seeing B.I at first. I hope Kingdom give them a huge boost as the members will probably start enlisting in a year or two so this is like another chance for them to win hearts of the old/new fans.

Based on how long some idols are delaying it'll probably be another 3 years before Jinhwan enlists. And Chanwoo is still really young, he could have just as easily debuted in 4th gen, he's only 1 year older than Hyunsuk in TREASURE.

But their initial YG contract is up next year (the first artist contracts that are signed from trainee to artist at YG are almost always 7 years) so first thing's first is to get everyone re-signed. I think they may all be happy, but re-signing is always a complex situation. I still haven't heard anything about WINNER yet and their contract is up this year. We won't know until it's announced, much like with AKMU's recent re-signing with YG. AKMU stated they are given a lot of resources at YG, and I imagine that's the case with everyone, so if YG wants to re-sign them, I think it will happen. But again, with all of these cases within Kpop, you're dealing with a lot of personalities that want different things, so we'll see.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Based on how long some idols are delaying it'll probably be another 3 years before Jinhwan enlists. And Chanwoo is still really young, he could have just as easily debuted in 4th gen, he's only 1 year older than Hyunsuk in TREASURE.

But their initial YG contract is up next year (the first artist contracts that are signed from trainee to artist at YG are almost always 7 years) so first thing's first is to get everyone re-signed. I think they may all be happy, but re-signing is always a complex situation. I still haven't heard anything about WINNER yet and their contract is up this year. We won't know until it's announced, much like with AKMU's recent re-signing with YG. AKMU stated they are given a lot of resources at YG, and I imagine that's the case with everyone, so if YG wants to re-sign them, I think it will happen. But again, with all of these cases within Kpop, you're dealing with a lot of personalities that want different things, so we'll see.

I think they'll renew if things go well with Kingdom and they already have big following in Japan. Winner members can go on solo route though, members are more focusing on solo activities.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!