what is the obsession with being brand ambassadors

• do you get to afford chanel when your fave is an ambassador or something idgi whats your personal gain from this :/

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

𝘆𝘂𝗾𝗶 ♡ 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗼 ♡ 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗷𝗶𝗻

• idk usually brand ambassadors are dominated by well-known models or actors and having an idol be able to reach that point is pretty impressive. It gives value to the idol and their group's status/brand as well.

i guess so. but it's gotten boring with people bragging as if they're burning that money with their faves

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

• Brand ambassadors are typically actresses or well known models so I think it's impressive when brands want idols to be their ambassador. Like when Kai became Bobbi Brown first male ambassador.

• Official Post

i guess so. but it's gotten boring with people bragging as if they're burning that money with their faves

tbh a lot of the high-end brand clothing idols wear are things that their stylists rented, or that their fans gifted them. Only when idols become super-rich is when you see them originally own those things. You see a lot of idols wearing high-end stuff to music shows or in MVs but in reality, it's just the stylist renting those outfits.

• good for the little sis

• tbh a lot of the high-end brand clothing idols wear are things that their stylists rented, or that their fans gifted them. Only when idols become super-rich is when you see them originally own those things. You see a lot of idols wearing high-end stuff to music shows or in MVs but in reality, it's just the stylist renting those outfits.

oh of course they don't own them most of the time, but i just think it's stupid that fans are bragging about their faves' riches like i dont give a fuck unless they give me some of their money

• oh of course they don't own them most of the time, but i just think it's stupid that fans are bragging about their faves' riches like i dont give a fuck unless they give me some of their money

are u gonna share with me when they do?

• Yeah. I don't get it either. I feel like most kpop fans don't even care about High Fashion, so to them, it's just another achievement for them to brag about in fanwars.

It seems like being an idol brand ambassador is easy now, tbh. During, the 2nd generation, it actually felt like only the top idols were getting recognised for their fashion and contribution to Korean pop culture (SNSD, GD, CL etc), but now rookie groups are getting contracts straight after debut.

• Yeah. I don't get it either. I feel like most kpop fans don't even care about High Fashion, so to them, it's just another achievement for them to brag about in fanwars.

It seems like being an idol brand ambassador is easy now, tbh. During, the 2nd generation, it actually felt like only the top idols were getting recognised for their fashion and contribution to Korean pop culture (SNSD, GD, CL etc), but now rookie groups are getting contracts straight after debut.

yeah lmao i bet most of them haven't seen one chanel show. like who cares if your bias is a muse? you don't know shit about it anyways

also agree with the second statement

• yeah lmao i bet most of them haven't seen one chanel show. like who cares if your bias is a muse? you don't know shit about it anyways

also agree with the second statement

And, that's why they are calling their bias a muse... Because they only see it as a flex. Most of these idols aren't muses. I don't think any western brand would make an Asian celebrity the real face of their company.

Really? Which groups are getting ambassaorship immediately after debut? That sounds new.

• And, that's why they are calling their bias a muse... Because they only see it as a flex. Most of these idols aren't muses. I don't think any western brand would make an Asian celebrity the real face of their company.

So then what is Mac doing with Lisa then?

• Really? Which groups are getting ambassaorship immediately after debut? That sounds new.

ITZY is an example. They got a deal with Louis Vuitton around Wannabe era (?). That isn't a diss to them, though. I think even JYP said it was "unusual" but I think it'll happen a lot with the 4th generation.

• ITZY is an example. They got a deal with Louis Vuitton around Wannabe era (?). That isn't a diss to them, though. I think even JYP said it was "unusual" but I think it'll happen a lot with the 4th generation.

What deal exactly? They attended a show, and that's all I remember, if they did something else, mention it.

• What deal exactly? They attended a show, and that's all I remember, if they did something else, mention it.

They got designer bags sent to them and they wear their clothes a lot at award shows. It's obvious that they have some deal but JYP doesn't want them to have a contract yet.

But, I still think them attending a show was too early and kind of proves my point of it being easy now for Kpop idols to get designer connections. It took SNSD a few years after debut to attend a Burberry show and it was only Tiffany, Yoona and Seohyun that attended.

• They got designer bags sent to them and they wear their clothes a lot at award shows. It's obvious that they have some deal but JYP doesn't want them to have a contract yet.

But, I still think them attending a show was too early and kind of proves my point of it being easy now for Kpop idols to get designer connections. It took SNSD a few years after debut to attend a Burberry show and it was only Tiffany, Yoona and Seohyun that attended.

So what exactly would you call that deal?

Cuz I can say the same for Somi, she posts about Louis Vuitton a lot, she gets stuff sent to her, etc.

• Ummmmm being an ambassador of a high end luxury brand IS a flex for the idol? So if you're a fan of said idol, you'd want to use it as one of the things to hype them up and there's nothing wrong with that? Obviously that's not to say "my bias has this and this deal so they're better" kind of thing.. but it's definitely something to be proud of as a fan because it's impressive.

Also, I don't mean to make this about BP since I'm not sure if you're generalizing or speaking about a particular group, but since I'm a blink I'll use them as an example: I don't like when people diminish this achievement of all 4 being ambassadors for their respective high end brands, or say it makes the girls more "IG models" than artists because that's not true. It adds value to their brand and the girls themselves individually.

Any fandom would hype this up, but when it comes to BP nothing's impressive it seems like. Or maybe people are salty they can't say the same for their bias group. I don't think bragging makes sense, but when people try to undermine BP, it's certainly a feat to bring up because it's not this easy.

• And, that's why they are calling their bias a muse... Because they only see it as a flex. Most of these idols aren't muses. I don't think any western brand would make an Asian celebrity the real face of their company.

Rosé is YSL Global Ambassador and YSL Beauté ambassador. She's technically considered as the face of YSL currently.

• Yeah, exactly! An ambassador. Not a muse. But, I do think that Lisa and Rosé could get there. :/

You do know that Lisa was Céline's Muse before she become their Global ambassador, ryt? They literally announced it.

Their recent collection "The Dancing Kid* was inspired by her

And Rosé face is basically plastered everywhere now cuz of the campaign, if that is not being the face of a brand I don't know what is.

• Yeah, exactly! An ambassador. Not a muse. But, I do think that Lisa and Rosé could get there. :/

Girl I think you're confused as hell right now because you keep contradicting yourself? You said "I don't think any western brand would make an Asian celebrity the real face of their company." so someone gave Rosé as an example of just that, then you say "ambassador, not muse" as if muse is better? If she was a muse she would be the source of their inspiration but she's out here being the face of the brand which is an even bigger deal, so I'm not sure what you're even trying to say here.

Also, yes it's easy for idols to have designer "connections" like you mentioned but it is not the same level as being brand ambassadors for luxury brands, nor is it that easy. That's a different level that BP happens to be on (along with very few others) and that is just a fact.

• You do know that Lisa was Céline's Muse before she become their Global ambassador, ryt? They literally announced it.

Their recent collection "The Dancing Kid* was inspired by her

And Rosé face is basically plastered everywhere now cuz of the campaign, if that is not being the face of a brand I don't know what is.

I haven't seen any official announcement besides random Korean websites calling her a muse but I do remember a collection being inspired by her. Could you link the post?

Rosé's campaign being everywhere doesn't equal being a muse. It just means that she's their most marketable ambassador. Which is true!

• Girl I think you're confused as hell right now because you keep contradicting yourself? You said "I don't think any western brand would make an Asian celebrity the real face of their company." so someone gave Rosé as an example of just that, then you say "ambassador, not muse" as if muse is better? If she was a muse she would be the source of their inspiration but she's out here being the face of the brand which is an even bigger deal, so I'm not sure what you're even trying to say here.

Also, yes it's easy for idols to have designer "connections" like you mentioned but it is not the same level as being brand ambassadors for luxury brands, nor is it that easy. That's a different level that BP happens to be on (along with very few others) and that is just a fact.

An ambassador is different from a muse. Anyone can tell you that. Any celebrity and influencer can be an ambassador and there are different rankings but a muse is basically the face of the company. When I said "face of their company," I meant as a muse. Not as their most marketable celebrity.

Calm down. I'm not even trying to discredit Blackpink nor was I talking about them in the first place. I was talking about ITZY and the 4th generation.

• I haven't seen any official announcement besides random Korean websites calling her a muse but I do remember a collection being inspired by her. Could you link the post?

Rosé's campaign being everywhere doesn't equal being a muse. It just means that she's their most marketable ambassador. Which is true!

https://www.scmp.com/magazines…lackpinks-lisa-turns-muse

They announced it on her Dazed Cover.

I don't know but you seem to be full of contradictions.

• I personally think BP’s case is special because they are a fashion-focused group. They have inspired so many other groups and idols in a fashion sense and themselves are very into fashion too so what’s better than represent a high and worldwide popular brand?

And brands are not stupid, they know everything BP touches sells out because people (not even only their fans) want to look and dress like them so is a win win situation. Until another group can influence fashion as much as a BP does and especially a girl group, then yes, lets brag all we want

• An ambassador is different from a muse. Anyone can tell you that. Any celebrity and influencer can be an ambassador and there are different rankings but a muse is basically the face of the company. When I said "face of their company," I meant as a muse. Not as their most marketable celebrity.

Calm down. I'm not even trying to discredit Blackpink nor was I talking about them in the first place. I was talking about ITZY and the 4th generation.

Lmao I know what the difference is between a muse and an ambassador, I wasn't sure you knew since you made them out to be interchangeable. Rosé has been representing the brand and therefore has been called the face of YSL literally by the creative director of the brand itself. Just because she also happens to be their most marketable celebrity doesn't diminish that so IDK why you keep mentioning that.

Lisa is also the face of Celine, you're just contradicting yourself if I'm honest.

You're never trying to discredit Blackpink but ironically most of your posts always end up sounding like you're doing just that. Anyway, I digress.

• Lmao I know what the difference is between a muse and an ambassador, I wasn't sure you knew since you made them out to be interchangeable. Rosé has been representing the brand and therefore has been called the face of YSL literally by the creative director of the brand itself. Just because she also happens to be their most marketable celebrity doesn't diminish that so IDK why you keep mentioning that.

Lisa is also the face of Celine, you're just contradicting yourself if I'm honest.

You're never trying to discredit Blackpink but ironically most of your posts always end up sounding like you're doing just that. Anyway, I digress.

Y'all are always in certain threads acting like everyone is out to get Blackpink. Nobody was talking about them and yet you made them the topic of an argument.

• What are the contradictions? Name them.

I don't get you. You made a thread about Aespa possibly becoming brand ambassadors for Givenchy or TM, and you were happy about it, now you are in this thread acting like brand deals are nothing really and meaningless, and easy to get.

Like..

• Ummmmm being an ambassador of a high end luxury brand IS a flex for the idol? So if you're a fan of said idol, you'd want to use it as one of the things to hype them up and there's nothing wrong with that? Obviously that's not to say "my bias has this and this deal so they're better" kind of thing.. but it's definitely something to be proud of as a fan because it's impressive.

Also, I don't mean to make this about BP since I'm not sure if you're generalizing or speaking about a particular group, but since I'm a blink I'll use them as an example: I don't like when people diminish this achievement of all 4 being ambassadors for their respective high end brands, or say it makes the girls more "IG models" than artists because that's not true. It adds value to their brand and the girls themselves individually.

Any fandom would hype this up, but when it comes to BP nothing's impressive it seems like. Or maybe people are salty they can't say the same for their bias group. I don't think bragging makes sense, but when people try to undermine BP, it's certainly a feat to bring up because it's not this easy.

it's always "my bias has this and this deal so they're better" though? that's what's annoying.

• This thread contains 113 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!