wonyoung seems to be very skinny

• wow her legs are so thin

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• wow her legs are so thin

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

you should not be commenting on people's weight whether they're thin or fat

• Personally, I share your point of view. I do not recall her being that skinny before and find it a bit worrying . But based on what I have seen, many Kpop fans view this kind of comments as bodyshaming .

Which is so stupid, there are several ex female idols and trainees who talked about the toxic body standards in kpop. People literally always talk about how toxic kpop is but when you try to talk about it they say you are shaming them. I am not saying that there aren’t natural skinny ones but not all of them. Former trainees (one from jyp) said that a lot of idols are not naturally skinny and people know them in public like they are naturally skinny but they aren’t in real life. I wish that people talk more freely about this including those who are skinny without doing anything but when I see young girls saying “goals 😍“ to bodies with a bmi of less than 15 (which is not healthy at all even if you can’t do anything against it) it is very worrisome. Plus, a lot of people should see their idols under normal light with normal Korean citizens next to them and then you realize how skinny they are in real life.

Plus:

They should just change the cameras tbh. They are adding so much more weight that most idols are forced to loose weight

• Which is so stupid, there are several ex female idols and trainees who talked about the toxic body standards in kpop. People literally always talk about how toxic kpop is but when you try to talk about it they say you are shaming them. I am not saying that there aren’t natural skinny ones but not all of them. Former trainees (one from jyp) said that a lot of idols are not naturally skinny and people know them in public like they are naturally skinny but they aren’t in real life. I wish that people talk more freely about this including those who are skinny without doing anything but when I see young girls saying “goals 😍“ to bodies with a bmi of less than 15 (which is not healthy at all even if you can’t do anything against it) it is very worrisome. Plus, a lot of people should see their idols under normal light with normal Korean citizens next to them and then you realize how skinny they are in real life.

Plus:

They should just change the cameras tbh. They are adding so much more weight that most idols are forced to loose weight

chill out man

just because a lot of kpop idols force themselves into thinness doesnt mean there's not a lot of naturally thin people out there

there's a TON of them

my entire family is an example

I just wanted to politely let you know that it's no one's place to judge who is natural and who is unhealthy without proof

you can keep your opinion and that's fair but lets not lash out at those not wanting to judge without insight

also, a lot of kpop idols have normal body fat percentage but small bones and muscles which gives the smaller in real life appearance

and a much lighter weight and low bmi compared to average global standards

its the body fat that comes out on camera which makes them look bigger than real life

just more information in case you didnt know

• I am glad that you care about Wonyoung's health, but I don't think that we have or even should have a say regarding Wonyoung's body proportions. I am sure that if Wonyoung saw your comments regarding her body, she would feel discomfort.

Also she is growing and maturing, her body would go through some changes just like many others.

work in progress

Edited once, last by Sara-M ().

• She was always skinny but she has gotten even thinner lately. It's concerning considering her age

External Content www.youtube.com

vs

• This is my general opinion and not related to wonyoung because how would I know whether she is naturally skinny or not but I still stand by my point. It is a part of the toxic culture and so let’s agree to disagree.

• She was always skinny but she has gotten even thinner lately. It's concerning considering her age

vs

Yeah maybe she works out more. I just hope she is healthy. EDs are very often a part of being an idol

• This is my general opinion and not related to wonyoung because how would I know whether she is naturally skinny or not but I still stand by my point. It is a part of the toxic culture and so let’s agree to disagree.

as i clearly said above, keep your opinion to yourself but the moment you start bashing anyone who doesnt conform to it, its messy

• as i clearly said above, keep your opinion to yourself but the moment you start bashing anyone who doesnt conform to it, its messy

Where did I bash her? Also who are you to say when I can say my opinion? This is a discussion forum. You can not dictate what I should say or not. I did not say it maliciously or insult her in any way. If you don’t like the topic, you are free to leave this thread or start a discussion

• I saw a pic on twitter where it looked like she had hairloss on the crown of her head, not a good sign. Hopefully it was edited.

Koreans have this complex that their heads are too big, we hear it all the time. They complain that if they eat sodium their faces swell. Wonyoung does seem to have a larger head in proportion to her body - like fractionally, a westerner wouldn't even notice - but she's probably under pressure to stay very small because of that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!