Do you think it's the end of Gidle ??

• The reaction to SSA showed that the damage control (basically trying to let it drag so long that people get enough from it) failed.

The worst part is that even if soojin might be revealed to innocent, no one will believe her due to cube’s paradox handling of the controversy and the bullying by the fans.

I don't think Cube did an attempt at damage control. Damage control is about releasing promp statements to appease people's wrath, which is the opposite of what they did. They took their time, and I think they did it this way because they needed time to collect evidence and find what the hell happened exactly. For some reason they stood with Soojin in her plea of innocence.

So I don't even know what they should have done differently, besides throwing Soojin under the bus in a quick manner. (Which they might end up doing at some point anyway, who knows.)

• I don't think Cube did an attempt at damage control. Damage control is about releasing promp statements to appease people's wrath, which is the opposite of what they did. They took their time, and I think they did it this way because they needed time to collect evidence and find what the hell happened exactly. For some reason they stood with Soojin in her plea of innocence.

So I don't even know what they should have done differently, besides throwing Soojin under the bus in a quick manner. (Which they might end up doing at some point anyway, who knows.)

They did damage control at its finest. They threatened with legal actions, tried to let it die within the other scandals (jisoo) and I think they thought that the jisoo scandal wouldn’t die down that fast and let soojin release her own testimony.

If they took time to gather more evidences, they should have handled it like pledis.

• They did damage control at its finest. They threatened with legal actions, tried to let it die within the other scandals (jisoo) and I think they thought that the jisoo scandal wouldn’t die down that fast and let soojin release her own testimony.

If they took time to gather more evidences, they should have handled it like pledis.

I disagree. In full damage control mode, they could have let it die to some extent, but not when it comes to Seo Shinae. Everything regarding Seo Shinae would have been handled differently I think. They didn't play it safe at all.

• I disagree. In full damage control mode, they could have let it die to some extent, but not when it comes to Seo Shinae. Everything regarding Seo Shinae would have been handled differently I think. They didn't play it safe at all.

There is no full damage control. They tried to minimize the damage but failed at it. No damage control would be no statement or any message towards the public.

• I don’t know but it must take time for the court to come to a ruling and with all these parties involved they will surely try to disagree if the ruling isn’t that much in their favor even if Soojin is innocent. The reaction to SSA showed that the damage control (basically trying to let it drag so long that people get enough from it) failed. It has been a long time since I saw a post gain so many upvotes and that that long into a controversy.

The worst part is that even if soojin might be revealed to innocent, no one will believe her due to cube’s paradox handling of the controversy and the bullying by the fans.

That's what I meant by 'handling it poorly'.

They should just go with the basic :

1. True = Meet with the victim(s), ask for forgiveness, announce will take a break and will come back as a better person, lay low while then 'accidentally caught' doing good deeds.

2. Absolutely not true = Convincingly denying it since if you were clean, something like this would be easy to disprove.

3. Unsure? = Go with the first options. If it was revealed that you were innocent, public will sympathize a lot and your career might reach a new height.

• well im not korean so i dont know how people perceive her and the whole situation in korea, internationally i feel like everyone has already moved on. i think that no matter if she leaves or stays, gidle will be fine, she probably needs some time tho

• Isn't it the route they took though? Denying it absolutely is what they're doing, so how are they handling it poorly following your logic?

Of course I disagree with your false equivalence "innocence = easy to prove".

No, Soojin admitted to some part of the accusation, so she fell on 'unsure' category. More so since another public figure has came forward, and to make it worse she was the ambassador of anti bullying.

There are many celebrities accused of so many things in the past, majority of them can get away with it. When you lead a good life, you or your company don't have to come forward to prove your innocence, many people will gladly do it for you.

• 1. That's a desperately naive take on the matter.

2. Some former classmates have in fact come to defend Soojin. So do we keep pretending they don't exist or are we acknowledging that sometimes there is more than meets the eye?

1. Of course I'm just over generalizing, but when you are 'clean', it would make it easier to disprove. Most recent example would be; Yunghyeong (ikon), Chu (Loona), Sohye (ioi), or even Soojin's bandmates Soyeon.

2. Again, Soojin's record wasn't that 'clean' and another well known celebrity got involved, so Soojin don't fall on the 'Not true' categories.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!