'Snow Drop' begins losing sponsorships over history distortion backlash

• 'Snow Drop' begins losing sponsorships over history distortion backlash

jisoo8.JPG

Article: Following 'Joseon-gu Masa', 'Seolganghwa's furniture sponsor cancels sponsorship

Source: Money Today

JTBC's 'Snow Drop' has begun losing sponsorships over history distortion backlash.

On the 26th, Heungil Furniture released a statement writing, "We're belatedly facing an issue regarding our sponsorship of 'Seolganghwa (Snow Drop)' following comments posted on a community site so we wanted to release our stance. We have requested the name of our company be removed from the sponsor list on the drama's website. It's impossible to 100% withdraw products featured on a pre-produced drama so we requested our name to be removed."

"We apologize for causing concern over the sponsorship by not paying close attention to the drama production company we aligned with. We will be more careful in the future."

comment1.JPG

1. [+514, -3] Looks like the Chinese were trying to show that democratization wasn't a good thing. That's why they're taking advantage of the Korean Wave to create Chinese content. Since the Chinese began investing in our country, there seems to be more and more low-quality content that caters to Chinese perspective and I can tell the end of the Korean Wave is near..
    2. [+289, -7] Aigoo~ why is YG like this??
    3. [+125, -1] Looks like they took in Chinese money for their drama and idol productions. SEA's and China's envy of our unique culture and Korean Wave is seriously ridiculous. How long are they to keep producing content heavily distorted to benefit the Chinese..?
    4. [+104, -3] This is a different level of clownery. Because of money, they went all in on a Chinese dream or maybe this was their true goal all alongㅋㅋ
    5. [+95, -1] I hope other sponsors drop their support too
    6. [+46, -0] JTBC even released an official statement saying it was "dark comedy.." How is the torture of people that suffered in the Democratic Movement funny? What about the bereaved families and kids that lost their parents through their lifetime? They're too rotten and dirty. After reading that synopsis we seriously need to boycott all the actors too from Jung Hae-in, Blackpink Jisoo, Kim Hye Yoon, Yoon Se-ah, Yoo In-na and Jang Seung-jo.
    7. [+19, -0] From the beginning, the title 'Seolganghwa' was changed from Chinese to Korean and English too. Disgusting!
    8. [+13, -0] Looks like YG took in a lot of Chinese capital..
    9. [+8, -0] Are we sure YG isn't a Chinese company..?
    10. [+7, -0] Why is YG often intertwined with "history distortion" dramas? It could be a coincidence but are we sure they didn't fix up the plot to throw all their actors in?
    • Official Post

This is the same company that pulled out yesterday, before JTBC released their statement. This is old news. :pepe-life-support:

Also I think many of the Naver users are kind of behind(happens alot with these folks). YG didn't invest or produce anything for Snowdrop, I believe the "Chinese money" they're talking about is actually referring to the controversy over Joseon Exorcist(Unless I missed something, feel free to correct me)

JTBC also already announced that there will be NO product placement in the show, which is interesting

• Knetz being dumbasses again. But then again "knetz" and "dumbass" is an oxymoron.

A.) YG didn't produce this.

B.) The plot hasn't come out.

C.) YG's biggest Chinese investors actually sold their YG shares back in September. A fact that was just disclosed last week at the annual investor's meeting. YG's Chinese investment is like about less than 5%...Tencent, which is about to sell their YG stake too.

But then again Netizen Buzz is picking and choosing what articles to translate. There have been articles stating that people should wait before judging. So not all Knetz are dumbasses.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!