WayV get critized by Knetz for singing Chinese on Korean music shows

• Official Post

I was having this discussion the other day with someone...

you do realise that the boys will probably face even more backlash from Chinese fans if they decide to change it up and go full korean when the original song is in Chinese

Exactly. They were heavily criticized by Chinese fans for saying "Lunar New Year" in English on Bubble instead of calling it Chinese New Year and doing the greeting in Chinese. They are literally damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Honestly from what I've seen they are handling the comeback well. They seem to do be doing the Chinese version on two/three music shows and the Korean version on two/three music shows. If they don't want to hear the Chinese version on Music Bank then just wait for the Korean version on Inkigayo.

• Exactly. They were heavily criticized by Chinese fans for saying "Lunar New Year" in English on Bubble instead of calling it Chinese New Year and doing the greeting in Chinese. They are literally damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Honestly from what I've seen they are handling the comeback well. They seem to do be doing the Chinese version on two/three music shows and the Korean version on two/three music shows. If they don't want to hear the Chinese version on Music Bank then just wait for the Korean version on Inkigayo.

i didn't realise they were doing alternative versions on other shows...

good for them

• I feel so bad for the guys. They’ve all been working really hard on their Korean to be better on music shows and interviews and this was their highest charting album on Chinese and Korean charts. They’ve been doing both Korean and Chinese versions on different shows, as the song is in both languages on the EP. ouch.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Exactly. They were heavily criticized by Chinese fans for saying "Lunar New Year" in English on Bubble instead of calling it Chinese New Year and doing the greeting in Chinese. They are literally damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Oh they already have Korean version? Then why not just use that alone to promote on Korean music shows?

• They should release at least their title tracks in Korean and Chinese. This would solve a lot of problems. The album can be Chinese while they have the Korean version of the title track to promote on music shows.

This is what they did but they also performed the Mandarin in another stage. It’s really unfair how they’re treated.

lt64IYu.gif

• Why is WayV singing Chinese songs on Korean music shows? Arent they supposed to be the Chinese NCT unit, why not promote in China???

This is why the idea of WayV promoting in Korea is weird to me. WayV promoting in Korea is basically defeating the whole purpose of NCT having units in every country. I know why they did that but still, having a Chinese unit promoting in Korea like the Korean units is just weird. I hope if NCT have new unit based on other country then they will promote in their own country properly because if they don't then why make NCT in the first place?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!