[instiz] (G)I-DLE controversy over unauthorized use of the red cross...at risk of being fined

• [instiz] (G)I-DLE, CONTROVERSY OVER UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE RED CROSS... AT RISK OF BEING FINED ft. MORE REACTIONS

AVvXsEjqfS9gT17zi0_ziRSq5OuM9WoibF1LloJjqGIG4CxeV69IxL2e084T9ky3IcgZ2DBxS_mmm4oxHIL4K8zHSnNiCFo6RAj8nnssITTPdh4s_w2iPjQAo_X9SzAGfAzlyRDPkD_mkyu7tAVHi5Eh4_ZY0mTsddBIseWbx28Rue1xZ-TeYOVf-djIDB3RonXI=s16000
    Group (G)I-DLE wore lifeguard costumes on music broadcasts, sparking controversy over occupational s**ual objectification and unauthorized use by the Red Cross.

On the 22nd, fans' criticism of (G)I-DLE's stylist team continues online. (G)I-DLE was once again embroiled in controversy over their costumes, sparking anger among fans.

It is presumed that the intention of the costume was to evoke the cool summer sea, but the public and fans unanimously said, "Isn't this lifeguard job s**ual objectification?", "What kind of lifeguard goes to the rescue wearing clothes like that?", and "Can't they just wear crop tee and shorts?."

Furthermore, what has been pointed out as a bigger problem is the use of the red cross in costumes. The Korean Red Cross prohibits unauthorized use of the Red Cross emblem, and launched a campaign to protect the Red Cross emblem in May, just two months ago.

source: https://m.entertain.naver.com/article/312/0000671829

original post: here

1. ......?

2. The moment I saw this I went "no way" ..ㅋㅋ

3. This is just embarrassing... They have so many staff members, don't tell me none of them thought this was problematic..

4. Sigh

6. I was watching this and wondered "Is this allowed?" I hope they can apologize fast

7. I'm more shocked that this isn't more controversial than it is...ㅋㅋ

8. This song from G)I-DLE is way too different from what they've been releasing so far... And the outfits look like they're regressing

9. I just feel like any s**ualization of any jobs is problematic... I was shocked when I watched this live

10. I knew this would be a controversy ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Sigh

[instiz] THE RED CROSS CONTROVERSY IS AN OVERREACTION

AVvXsEgRKF1FRMm9EPTw30Xz18JVmZn3yz6nTzRR29YId8BRW6DZ0DlrtxvOLy22vToRADMKgmxnP9A5MRZzKZpv3Rh-J17osm9Y8HIXNeJExR4b1GSeYUepXVi6r5BM62DQZ0x9e41mq0jOMkqKNlQkvTvkivyYn3vbLOL7RMtE1iWkxaxmDIB8rPQtTVWZVqri

As controversy arose over (G)I-DLE's unauthorized use of the Red Cross mark during their comeback activities and sexual objectification of related occupations, the Korean Red Cross announced its position on this matter.

[...]

AVvXsEj8c6Go9j-Cj1gVyMO-e10c0TxJQ7jcJ4JbSBVz8tJLuW1zXfJ8giaZA4L_wr9B2iejNHx4oGCb76LbjOaKDKbKZipu7bfADlcQnE0xitw9CGxDVNT0AU9tFmq0czJ05idyN5No8ONba1nitCDb6uDitatRl7ZlDtIhzaWdqOg62Om5ygYmsUbz5XHaEOYa

According to the Korean Red Cross Organizational Act, unauthorized use of the Red Cross emblem is subject to a fine of up to 10 million won or a fine of up to 5 million won.

Regarding the controversy over (G)I-DLE's stage costumes for using the Red Cross emblem without permission, the Korean Red Cross said, "There was no request for approval from (G)I-DLE regarding the use of the Red Cross emblem." “We will be submitting a prevention plan, but since it has been determined that there is no ill intention, there will be no fines or fines imposed.”

-----

So according to those people, nobody should use the Red Cross ever again?
    Who do you think you are?

AVvXsEihHXKQPaG0AKVf_tx2toKqWfyot6IPeb98h-kRF2lUju9EMpGtlLEiwKqmo_PHu2tUESPxi8R59PhgZ_KrnqaM98x1yhQeevXHjkmWh9mASM4u4QBA-ZCf4to5tVnpJestT5kMozQkOzNO8N8blI5oya2Gw6Jw_Ktc7akm3-oPtd9wBfOaUGJtvAa7-22Z

And The Boyz has already worn this in the past
    So you guys go silent when boy groups do it, but only react when girl groups do it?

original post: here

1. Wasn't the overreaction from the idol fandoms only?

2. The ones overreacting were idol fans

4. The Boyz already wore that...?

5. The Boyz???????!!!!

6. But it's true that it's problematic... Especially the s**ualization of occupations, even if it's just a costume it's important to raise awareness around this issue

7. It hasn't been that long since the Red Cross was banned from unauthorized use, even in games, they only changed it recently

8. The Boyz did it in 2021, Oh My Girl did it in 2023, But they only started banning the unauthorized use last year

9. Why are you dragging other idols...

10. They only started banning this last year

• I'm fed up with CUBE and the Korean law in general. It's messed up! There were many Kpop groups who did this Lifeguard concept, but they only attack Gidle.

I'm not asking to attack them, but Gidle is a punching bag for years now for literally no reason!

Also, I thought Red Cross's job is to help people. Why on Earth are they whining about this?

BTW, this is the OFFICIAL Korean Red Cross logo!

• It's not just the Korean Red Cross. Almost all Red Cross/Red Crescent etc across the board have these restrictions.

Fyi, these are the restrictions of the American Red Cross:

AMERICAN RED CROSS 1.png

AMERICAN RED CROSS 2.png

It's very protected and it's usage is very restrictive since it functions as a ceasefire/urgency/priority in many cases and this could potentially be abused (i.e. pretending to be a red cross member and endangering others by giving incorrect first aids to patients w/o prior first aid training, decorating your car with red cross symbols so others will give way during traffic jams, in war: decorating a warship with red crosses to fool enemies into a false ceasefire etc.)

I can understand why they're giving out warnings, but I also agree that gidle shouldn't be fined since it's a very obvious entertainment parody and they're just using it as decoration with no ill intent. I can also understand why gidle/cube did not submit a request for approval or why they're wearing this design in the first place seeing as the rule change is very recent, they might have just missed the new rule. But I do agree that we should raise awareness on the proper use of this symbol and that it shouldn't be used as decorative pieces with no other purpose (as apposed to movie props/drawings/designs portraying a fictional Red Cross members etc).

This is kiiiind of a controversial topic but all knetz can think about is "s*xualization of occupation"?? :meme-what: Girl that's the least problematic thing about this whole situation.

• First girl group in histkry to violate the Geneva Conventions, your faves could never 😤

They didn't violate shit! And Gidle isn't the first group, not even the 10th who did a Lifeguard outfit concept! The Red Cross doesn't own the Lifeguard concept.

If this is such a big deal, why are they not suing Lifeguards for selling their merch for years? Biggest bullshit ever!

The Red Cross should help people not bitching about what Idols are wearing! Especially if it has nothing to with The Red Cross.

• They didn't violate shit! And Gidle isn't the first group, not even the 10th who did a Lifeguard outfit concept! The Red Cross doesn't own the Lifeguard concept.

If this is such a big deal, why are they not suing Lifeguards for selling their merch for years? Biggest bullshit ever!

The Red Cross should help people not bitching about what Idols are wearing! Especially if it has nothing to with The Red Cross.

the law was enacted last year so...and lifeguards are associated with the Red Cross...you need a certification from them to become one.

• the law was enacted last year so...and lifeguards are associated with the Red Cross...you need a certification from them to become one.

I don't think this makes it any better. Even if Lifeguards are associated with The Red Cross, why an Idol group wearing their outfit is different from when a random person wearing it?

It's not like they mocked TRC or made money out of it. If they don't want anyone t o wear a red cross logo, they should stop selling their own merch!

• They didn't violate shit! And Gidle isn't the first group, not even the 10th who did a Lifeguard outfit concept! The Red Cross doesn't own the Lifeguard concept.

Cmon dude, Im literally a fan, making fun of how ridiculous this "scandal" sounds

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!