“Buying another album”… BTS Jin's 'Hug Society' participation qualifications criticized

• “Buying another album”… BTS Jin's 'Hug Society' participation qualifications criticized

As Jin (Kim Seok-jin), the eldest member of BTS, is resuming his activities with the 11th anniversary event of his debut upon discharge from the military, controversy is rising over the application method for the event.

On the 2nd, Big Hit Music announced that Jin will attend the '2024 FESTA' event held in the area of Jamsil Sports Complex in Seoul on the 13th, the day after his discharge.

The fan event with Jin will be held at Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium in Seoul and was prepared at Jin's suggestion that he would like to spend meaningful time close to ARMY. The fan event consists of 'Jin's Greetings' (Part 1) and 'Seokjin on June 13, 2024, the weather is clear' (Part 2).

In Part 1, a hug event will be held for 1,000 people, and in Part 2, corners will be prepared to show various sides of Jin that ARMY wanted to see, leaving fans with unforgettable memories.

0001732600_002_20240602141812293.jpg?type=w647

However, when information about the applicants for the event was revealed, reactions were mixed. First, you must be an Army member, and to be eligible to apply, you must purchase past albums released after the anthology album 'Proof' through the Weverse Shop within the application period.

In addition, information was added that the automatic application is not based on the number of orders, but on the total number of albums ordered on Weverse Shop from the 2nd to the 6th of the event period.

When this information was revealed, voices of dissatisfaction grew louder among fans. The only solo album that Jin released before enlisting in the military is the single 'The Astronaut', and the rest of the albums are filled with solo albums by other members, so fans who purchase albums for this event can purchase albums regardless of the type, so Jin is the subject of the event. There are many opinions that the meaning of is fading.

In addition, because even people who have previously purchased the album must purchase a new album to participate, the agency is being criticized for thinking that the event is only a means to make money.

Netizens reacted to this with comments such as “I wonder if they just held a fan meeting,” “Is this an event for fans?”, “If this happens, the artist’s image will also get weird,” and “I’d rather only allow Jin albums to be eligible for entry.” there is.

• What’s the criticism? Is this it?

Netizens reacted to this with comments such as “I wonder if they just held a fan meeting,” “Is this an event for fans?”, “If this happens, the artist’s image will also get weird,” and “I’d rather only allow Jin albums to be eligible for entry.” there is.

It is a fan event ✅

It is a celebration of BTS anniversary, not just Jin’s. It just so happens only Jin can do this.

ARMY membership is always a requirement to all things BTS. Paying members do get priority for sure.

Album purchase is mainly their way of knowing who are participating in the event. It’s definitely not fair for those who already have their albums and don’t want to buy more but want to be part of it. I kinda get why buying albums is like a ticket to participate; It is a direct support to their music but there should be other ways to participate but I can’t think of suggestions atm lol

Logistically, this is for K-Armys.

• Glad k-army threw a fit,

very typical of hybe to find some way to make money of this moment between bts and army

also can't wait to have jin (and eventually bts as a whole) back, excited to see them give certain people a reality check!

• Ok old albums are fine as long as there’s a way to verify they’re armys.

yeah, i understand the need for validating the participants. I hope they are very strict with it too, but this requirement didn't feel like hybe trying to protect jin & more them using it as an opportunity.

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Can someone translate what they're yapping about?

• Ok so how are they gonna filter out the fans and non fans??????? Please let me know

Cause if I see one user gloating about getting to hug Jin when they were shitting on BTS and calling for a boycott in the past...

[new signature coming soon but in the meantime, read the facts below]

• Fans are mad a fanmeet is run like a fanmeet?

Yes. :pepe-life-support:

I can't even be mad that they're asking to buying a new copies of album because the event is 3 hours and he's gonna be hugging or handshaking 1,000 ARMYs. And additional 1 hour for another session. Albums have always been the raffle entries for previous events.

• Ok so how are they gonna filter out the fans and non fans??????? Please let me know

Cause if I see one user gloating about getting to hug Jin when they were shitting on BTS and calling for a boycott in the past...

Hopefully, they make it harder for them. There's a possibility they could enter since some of them already attended their previous concerts and events. Even had a barricade for it.

• I don't see the problem. No one should see a problem. This is so common it's too weird to even try to have a discussion about it.

* * * * * * •×• * * * * * *

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!