Is NCT Renjun half Korean/ Korean?

• He speaks perfect Korean. Too good to be real. Every time he talks I forget he is not Korean only remember he is Chinese after I go check NCT profiles again to make sure. It just makes me wonder if he is mixed? Because he feels a lot like a Korean.

lt64IYu.gif

• Yumeku

Changed the title of the thread from “Is NCT Renjun Korean?” to “Is NCT Renjun half Korean/ Korean?”.
  • Legends say he's actually a Korean grandpa stuck in the body of a 20yo boy

Huang Renjun's nationality is Chinese, but I've heard that he's of Korean ethnicity. And I believe he went to a Korean school.

That one legendary play from his childhood was in Korean and it looked like a school play. It always got me wondering how it actually happened since afaik he hadn't been in SM then. It'd make sense if he actually went to a Korean school.

• Legends say he's actually a Korean grandpa stuck in the body of a 20yo boy

That one legendary play from his childhood was in Korean and it looked like a school play. It always got me wondering how it actually happened since afaik he hadn't been in SM then. It'd make sense if he actually went to a Korean school.

I just looked it up and that video was in a Korean bilingual school in Jilin. There are still a lot of speculations about his ethnicity, but he takes a lot of pride in being Chinese.

• I don't think renjun has ever confirmed his ethnicity but a lot of nctzens say he is a part of an ethnic group of koreans who have been in china for a really long time

• He’s most likely of Korean descent. He’s from the 1 of the Three past kingdoms of Korea.

31344F8D-4A9E-4786-80AF-057322542FBB.jpeg

The kingdom was Gurgoyeo which is modern day Manchuria. This area was predominantly Manchu/Korean/Hui Muslim from my understanding with a minority of Han Chinese but obviously China won’t colonize then leave them alone so they brought Chinese over and now they are the majority. But the ethnic groups are still there. Considering he speaks korean, is named Renjun, he’s from Manchuria, and his last name is Huang(Hwang in korean) theres a higher chance he’s Korean than Chinese. Uhh HUANG is both korean and chinese last name so. It’s truly tricky. Did I mention he looks Korean? Like he looks straight up like a Korean not Chinese.

There’s a small minority...but If he was a korean from the past kingdom then he’d just be korean but if he was a korean who came to north korea or his parents from North Korea then he’d probably never say. I’ve heard he’s north korean but of course thats just a rumor. Either way he probably would never say because then koreans would automatically assume he’s family supported Communism therefore they’d hate him more than the average chinese. Also, with everyone saying “he has pride” in China...well..no duh...of course he would if he’s korean from china he wouldn’t think the korean war nor china were bad because his ancestors would’ve sided with communists since they didn’t move south, but of course a few got stick so you never know.

Sorry for the long explanation just explaining everything we’ve discussed about him on Pann.

Korea would’ve highkey been much bugger if it weren’t for communism.

Also, there is another Korean-Chinese idol too...he’s actually confirmed Korean. He participated in Produce Season 2 didn’t make the team but they had another team called JBJ for contestants that were close to debut and he was in it, now he’s with JBJ95

Jin Longguo was born in Helong, Jilin, China on March 2, 1996. He is a Chaoxianzu (Korean in China, though the area he’s from is technically korean not chinese, they’re kinda like the Zainichi Koreans in Japan) of Gim clan of Gimhae descent. Gimhae is korean clan. Some members of this clan are Key (Shinee) Yesung (Super Junior) and Xiumin (EXO). You notice anything yet? They all have the last name Kim and Longguo’s last name is Jin which is a form of the korean “kim” in chinese. They’re all technically distant cousins, not that it’s kim but because of this specific kim clan since there’s so many in korea.

CC025C7B-A9C9-485B-A3B4-46F0760B6F27.jpeg

Edited 2 times, last by samtanvan ().

• Very interesting..hmm. Like every time I looked at him I would swear he has Korean origins from the way he talked, looked, and even his name. samtanvan has his parents ever showed up or been mentioned?

It’s sad if this is true and confirmed, he might get hate from some people of something he and his family had no control over. I thought on the contrary he would be more accepted in Korea if he is of a Korean ethnicity than being introduced as Chinese.

lt64IYu.gif

• Very interesting..hmm. Like every time I looked at him I would swear he has Korean origins from the way he talked, looked, and even his name. samtanvan has his parents ever showed up or been mentioned?

It’s sad if this is true and confirmed, he might get hate from some people of something he and his family had no control over. I thought on the contrary he would be more accepted in Korea if he is of a Korean ethnicity than being introduced as Chinese.

Well Korean in China claim China because they sided with CCP or weren’t able to escape during the war. They also notoriously sided with NK that’s why most are there.

I’m pretty sure his whole family speaks korean because his grandparents do. They really are joseonjok huh 🤔

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!