Will 4th gen fans gatekeep 5th gen groups the way 3rd gen fans gatekeeped 4th gen groups?

• Oh, you know the usual.

Disqualifying all their accomplishments because it's less impressive to do so now than it was in the era of their favorite groups. Downgrading the individual talents of the literal entire generation and calling them unskilled models at best. Constant hate campaigns that always somehow seem to catch fire just as the group targeted by said campaigns begins to grow in popularity. In some extreme cases, black oceans and general disrespect towards younger groups at live performances. Writing off all their numbers as either paid for or overinflated by bots and things like Chinese sales.

If I thought more about it, I'm sure I could come up with more examples.

Okay I get it.

Yes.

The cycle of hatred must continue

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Didn't you already do a poll where the large majority voted that the biggest accomplishment of a group is touring?

Just be patient. The leading 4th gen groups will start doing their mega tours earlier in their careers than 3rd did.

What is homie talking about? :pepewhat:

I get what you mean to say. 4th gen fans gatekeeping success from 5th groups.

Just like how people would say their faves paved the way, but would go on to criticize later groups for being inspired, finding success as a result of "paved way," or the likes of that.

Yes. Exactly. It's a behavior I've seen repeated now in two generations.

And I'm doubtful the combo breaks with 4th gen.

It'll be a sad day when I see fans of top 4th gen groups being salty and shady when the 5th gen groups inevitably have their era

• Well Kpop fandoms are a perpetual cycle of:

Old gen: Our favs did it first - they paved the way. So your favs success isn't a big deal.

New gen: Yeah? Well our favs did it better and faster. So your favs success is a big deal.

And, I dont expect any change.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!