About Jyp's international group VCHA

• Should JYP just let them be a global Kpop group and promote in Korea and Asia? Hori7on for example is a pure filippino group and they sing in korean. Why can't VCHA do the same and sing in korean?

• JYP wanted a global group to appeal to the west ig... which is so stupid bc kpop already appeals to the west so I dont get it either

Oh my baby sweet like bubble gum!

16a5ad82f46a76cf3cdeb18fe28d7be0a6d0a66f.gifv

• It's the "genius" jype strategy of globalization by localization or some bullshit like that.

They will continue to do no matter how many flop groups they debut, just to prove a point.

• JYP wanted a global group to appeal to the west ig... which is so stupid bc kpop already appeals to the west so I dont get it either

EXACTLY. They created a group, for a market, that exist, but its already filled with kpop groups, so why not just make a kpop group? Or even go the XG route and be a kpop group, but release only english music?

The western members is only a good idea if they plan to strictly stay in the western eco system and promote like a tradtional GG, which hasn't been the case. Its crazy how people get paid to make these decision, but still don't understand kpop at all.

• EXACTLY. They created a group, for a market, that exist, but its already filled with kpop groups, so why not just make a kpop group? Or even go the XG route and be a kpop group, but release only english music?

The western members is only a good idea if they plan to strictly stay in the western eco system and promote like a tradtional GG, which hasn't been the case. Its crazy how people get paid to make these decision, but still don't understand kpop at all.

The people making these decisions understand Kpop. That's why this is all so baffling. But this is clearly the result of being bored with Kpop success and wanting global success, they're just going about it the wrong way now and trying to take illogical shortcuts.

• I mean, America as a whole is not too much into GGs.

VCHA is successful to their extent, talented, pretty (except Kaylee), well spoken.

They have the Twice aura, they’ll be fine.

VCHA is successful to their extent, talented, pretty (except Kaylee), well spoken.

why is kaylee not pretty lol. i mean i don't think she's that pretty either but i only think kendal is so

• They are just a kpop group that has western members and sings in English.

Western members are more likely to appeal to the Western market - notice they are curvier and darker in tone, and not stick thin and brilliant white.

English songs as well are more likely to appeal to the Western market - since you are more likely to like a song if you can understand what is being sung.

I saw Vcha perform last weekend, and they are nothing like Twice, so I don't know what Twice aura you are referring to. The only things similar between the two groups are the record company and JYP division.

• for people in the know

they've debuted right?

how successful are they in terms of charting? I-charting? K-charting? album sales? YT views? etc etc

• for people in the know

they've debuted right?

how successful are they in terms of charting? I-charting? K-charting? album sales? YT views? etc etc

About 2 months ago.

Their debut song was good but the dance was extra cheesy. Cheesy isn't going to work in the US.

They have had no impact, but Lollapalooza give them a big kick start.

Vocally they seem strong. Dance they seem pretty good. They have the potential to leap frog some of the bigger name new girl groups, as 4th place and below seems very fluid.

• interesting

cheers mate

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!