An analysis of the IFPI top 10 - Taylor Swift the Empress of World

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

10 Lana Del Rey, American

9. Bad Bunny, Puerto Rican

8. New Jeans, Korean and Australian

7. txt, Korean and (I won't even attempt to guess Huening Kai's nationality.)

6. Morgan Wallen, American

5. The Weekend, Canadian, Ethiopian background

4. Drake, Canadian, background uknown

3. Stray Kids, Korean and Australian

2. Seventeen, Korean and Chinese

1. Taylor Swift, American

Generally speaking, it is Taylor Swift surrounded by acts based in Korea, but plenty of allies outside of the ring who could relieve her.

Given her current position, it seems she will be able to maintain the position for quite a while, since both Seventeen and Stray Kids are likely to be able to challenge the throne. Seventeen is mostly irrelevant outside of Asia, and Stray Kids might have some potential but relies on Christopher Bang too much.

And the very fact that no BTS individual members show up there shows everything. Their comeback will not put them back to #1. At most #3, since Taylor and someone new who is hot will take #1 and #2.

Korean incels did a huge, huge job. txt won't break #5, and I don't think NJ will reach the top. Good job. They killed the golden goose to soothe their egos for a short while, and permanently lost domination.

• Talk to me when she can get a top 10 song on melon (The most important chart in the world)

• Army lied about Jungkook. I was convinced he's the biggest kpop idol of all time. This is not Halloween so why is he ghost?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Army lied about Jungkook. I was convinced he's the biggest kpop idol of all time. This is not Halloween so why is he ghost?

Well, Army also dragged him to the barracks so BTS could operate as a group faster. By the time he gets out, he will be a bitter man with broken dreams

• Talk to me when she can get a top 10 song on melon (The most important chart in the world)

I don't think Melon is considered as a relevant chart by IFPI, otherwise Melon's most famous singer would have bubbled in the 20s long ago.

make a separate thread man. You are unintentionally giving why knock a hit thread. you yourself should reap the fruit of your efforts not anyone else

• make a separate thread man. You are unintentionally giving why knock a hit thread. you yourself should reap the fruit of your efforts not anyone else

lol true. Maybe I could make a hit thread with this info. But he provided it first so I'd feel like I'm stealing from him.

• paradis  Jasmine_Waters Can all gather your cult followers and figure out where Jungkook is please?

• paradis  Jasmine_Waters Can all gather your cult followers and figure out where Jungkook is please?

Jungkook is a nugu soloist who has least streams out of all the kpop artists on ifpi. No one knows him or his music. Never had a hit. Never charted #1 on spotify. None of his songs are charting on spotify or AM right now. Were not able to cross 700M streams on spotify in 2024. His song did not even cross even 1 billion streams. How can he be on this list??? :zipr::zipr:

• Jungkook is a nugu soloist who has least streams out of all the kpop artists on ifpi. No one knows him or his music. Never had a hit. Never charted #1 on spotify. None of his songs are charting on spotify or AM right now. Were not able to cross 700M streams on spotify in 2024. His song did not even cross even 1 billion streams. How can he be on this list??? :zipr::zipr:

I see you have chose death lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!