Why did KPop companies abandon the sexy concept?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

for example; why don't we see MVs like these anymore? All we see these days are either cute/fairy concept, bad ass, girl crush etc.

• Because it's going to cause an uproar with fans and the members will get targeted with lots of hate.

Also, as you may have noticed, companies have been debuting very young groups for the past several(?) years so jumping into that concept even after some comebacks could backfire because they'd still be young in age, I think.

• Male audiences are flighty and simply don't make good fandoms. Girls are the ones that buy CDs, attend concerts and merch and they don't need to objectify their idols to be a fan. It's a win to win to cater to girls instead.

• the newer groups have too many minors which could be extremely controversial if they do a "sexy" concept.

I feel like the older groups example: sf9 and infinite are sexy but sexy could be subjective taste or based on what someone define's as "sexy"

I find Woohyun in my sig gif and that mv to be sexy and all he's doing is singing and dancing around, he's not doing anything sexual or wearing anything revealing or showing abs, i find his aura and such sexy. but someone else may be like i see nothing sexy about this lol

• Minors

Can be very uncomfortable for members

No one Stans these groups. They get melon uls but lack in touring, album sales

A lot of female idols even if they are older don't want to be attached to the image

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Male audiences are flighty and simply don't make good fandoms. Girls are the ones that buy CDs, attend concerts and merch and they don't need to objectify their idols to be a fan. It's a win to win to cater to girls instead.

Where's your evidence backing up any of this? Because I see plenty of male fans attending concerts. I also see plenty of female fans objectifying idols, including lesbian fans objectifying girl groups. These all sound like cliches.

• Girl Crush is pretty popular, and they tend to cater towards audiences current trends.

There are idols, who do have some sexy concepts here and there, but the idols are often older as many currently debuting are minors and cannot do such concepts.

For example, Soloist Moon Jongup did a somewhat sexy concept for his latest release, while the members of Monsta X did the popular leather pants and harness trend for their Beautiful Liar release. (*Edit: They often have sexier lyrics, and concepts as a lot of us fans our around our twenties/ just entering them).

---

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

MX:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!