Love Yourself Tear and the song Fake Love was probably their most conceptually brilliant as far as stage performance is concerned

• You see, BTS has this thing where they use not only the lyrics but also choreography and even their stage performances to tell a story

But I think their apex when it comes to storytelling through stage performance has to be Fake Love.

They were hidden behind masks, they performed as dolls in boxes, as marionnettes and in another performance they had the hand of a puppeteer above them. Each with a different element to tell the same story.

Probably their best run in my opinion

[new signature coming soon but in the meantime, read the facts below]

• Overall, BTS set the bar too high to lore/concept's quality. Tear is probably my favorite K-pop album/era.

Also, random, but in 2019 I used to participate of a K-pop RPG (on another forum) that used to work as a "Produce Series" in terms of format and challenges. But instead of trainees, we used to play with K-pop groups and my player was BTS once. Due to how creative were their concepts and stages, I was always able to create good narrations, presentations and rank high.

• I agree with you on 'Fake Love'. It is their most creative main single work alongside 'Blood, Sweat & Tears'.

When you see the performances of songs like 'Singularity', 'The Truth Untold', 'Love Maze', 'Outro : Tear', etc. you are making a strong case for 'Love Yourself : Tear' too. But I still feel 'WINGS' & MOTS7 are a tier above 'LY : Tear'. 'LY : Tear' is my favourite BTS album alongside 'HYYH Pt. 2' sonically. But 'WINGS' & MOTS7 conceptually are superior to those two. Especially WINGS is just something else.

And I do feel we missed out on alot with MOTS tour getting cancelled because I really can't imagine what they would have done with those beautiful songs in MOTS7....

• I just want to hug every single post here.

FL made me a hard stan, and I wasn't a fan of boy groups - after all I was a huge SNSD stan before I discovered BTS. I won't repeat everything that OP mentioned because that's exactly how I feel.

But I'd like to add also like someone else said the MOTS era. I was a big ehhh with Boy With Luv and the Persona album tbh but then 7 and Black Swan was released. Sigh. It also hits all the points you mentioned. The lyrics matching the choreography. Lots of different stages (even though we were in thr peak of the pandemic!), with the most epic ones being the James Corden (eh) show, the MMA stage (or was it MAMA?) where JK picks Jimin up, and of course, the beautiful huge wings choreo of the PTD concerts.

This is peak BTS to me. There's a message, good vocals, good rap, and a choreography thay matches the lyrics and blows your mind.

And then people wonder what's so good about them.

OP, I was windblown back then how Jimin could drop to the floor like that and without getting hurt ^^ when he simulates the marionette haha. I was =O

• I love re-watching BTS performances and every time it validates why I like them in the first place. Rewatching them over and over again doesn’t diminish how I appreciate their concepts and performances.

I agree with you, op. To me, Fake Love is BTS peak when it comes to concept and creative performance. Every performance is beautiful, creative, and well-thought. Black Swan and BST are runner ups.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!