Watching these made me realize how much NewJeans choreo relies on group chemistry

• External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content m.youtube.com

NewJeans choreo is so interactive that it would look like a mess if the members weren't having fun with each other. Like imagine a group with the chemistry of a rock performing these. Speaking of, it's criminally underrated how good NewJeans group chemistry is. They're always smiling and having these little moments with each other on stage and it's so cute to watch. You can visibility see them feeding off each other's energy.

• So true. I was watching a bunch of festival performances from the summer and was wondering what was setting NewJeans apart until I realized how big their smiles were. You can tell how much fun they're having and they genuinely look like a group of friends.

But you do know that in many survival shows this is what mentors/judges would say if the concept is on brighter side that trainees need to smile widely open during whole performance

External Content www.youtube.com

• But you do know that in many survival shows this is what mentors/judges would say if the concept is on brighter side that trainees need to smile widely open during whole performance

OP is delusional and i wrote a post and decided not to post. You’re telling me a group with a fresh/teen concept is PERFORMING like school girls smiling and having fun?

Like OP wants Aespa to be skipping around while singing Savage?

Ppl need to realize artist are performing (especially idols who have to care more about appearances). Acting like anything seen on stage, is more than that, just makes things ppl seem naive. Next there gonna say their oppas are secretly in a gay relationship because of skin ship :pepe-clown-gear:

Next: Jungkook having sex 7 days a week makes me uncomfortable

• OP is delusional and i wrote a post and decided not to post. You’re telling me a group with a fresh/teen concept is PERFORMING like school girls smiling and having fun?

Like OP wants Aespa to be skipping around while singing Savage?

Ppl need to realize artist was performing (especially idols who have to care more about appearances). Acting like anything seen on stage, is more than that, just makes things ppl seem naive. Next there gonna say their oppas are secretly in a gay relationship because of skin ship :pepe-clown-gear:

?????Where did I say aespa needed to perform like NewJeans???? NewJeans have good energy and look like they're having fun with each other and I prefer that type of energy in a performance, so of course I'm going to praise them for it.

• what is going on in this post? :whatk::teeheek:

• But you do know that in many survival shows this is what mentors/judges would say if the concept is on brighter side that trainees need to smile widely open during whole performance

Of course I do. But I've seen groups with bright concepts that smile as widely as they can and still look like they're being held at gunpoint to perform on stage. NewJeans look like they're genuinely having fun and that can be seen in the little moments where the goof around with each other while they perform.

• I'm not surprised fun bothers you this much fr

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• question then since you say NJ choreo relies on group chemistry

are there other groups who's choreos don't rely on group chemistry?

Yep. There are some groups I can think of whose choreography is focused on highlighting the individuality of the members or just serving as visual stimulation while the group performs their songs(neither of which is a bad thing). NewJeans choreo relies on group chemistry because it has playful little interactions that only work if the group looks like they're having fun with each other( the intro and high five in Hybe Boy, the arm link and dance break in OMG, the end of ETA, etc.)

• Yep. There are some groups I can think of whose choreography is focused on highlighting the individuality of the members or just serving as visual stimulation while the group performs their songs(neither of which is a bad thing). NewJeans choreo relies on group chemistry because it has playful little interactions that only work if the group looks like they're having fun with each other( the intro and high five in Hybe Boy, the arm link and dance break in OMG, the end of ETA, etc.)

Another point I forgot to mention is how NewJeans choreo uses a lot more blocking compared to other girl group choreos. They move around the stage a lot in these little scenes( think the intro to hype boy, dance break in OMG, and the "I'm looking for candy baby" line in Attention as the best examples of this.) These scenes are made specifically to emulate teen girls having fun and will fall flat if the performers don't do exactly that, have fun.

• ?????Where did I say aespa needed to perform like NewJeans???? NewJeans have good energy and look like they're having fun with each other and I prefer that type of energy in a performance, so of course I'm going to praise them for it.

I was giving an example, that “having fun” on stage isn’t some unique concept. Idols are performers and im sure 99% of them, would be able to pull it off.

My point was, it depends on concept. A song like Savage, Pink Venom, Queencard etc etc, aren’t songs that it would make sure to perform like that.

I like NJ music, but to act like they are groundbreaking or particularly unique in their ability to fake chemistry/fun on stage is ludicrous.

Have any GG go through the process of being coached and learn choreography of NJ and there would be little difference.

Comments like this

Like imagine a group with the chemistry of a rock performing these.

Just show how delusional you are. Those same groups you think (again literally any group) who you think have “chemistry of a rock” could do their job well enough to make you believe they have chemistry just like NJ.

Idols are actors & performers, and you just eating it up like sheep. You can praise them, but let’s not act like it’s some unique quality besides a good concept/aesthetic

• Actors have to do chemistry reads before casting to make thier compatible with each other for thier roles but okay go off I guess. You don't just walk on stage or on set and are compatible with everyone, no matter how good of an actor you are.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!