Lisa X ELLE TAIWAN: I'm Me When I'm Working, I'm Me When I'm Resting

• "The scale of the Coachella stage was even bigger than before, I was indeed nervous but in a good way. BLACKPINK getting to the main Coachella stage, we must do our best! In my mind I just kept thinking about how I must not let anyone down, wanted to show BLINK the BLACKPINK they are so proud of. Though we were nervous, it was so exciting, it was our moment to shine. Also it was the first time all members performed a solo stage at Coachella, it was a meaningful moment for us all.

Most of the crowd at Coachella didn't seem to be BLINK, more so people who came to enjoy the music festival, they were probably more curious to find out who BLACKPINK is, and what songs and performances would we bring to the stage, what style would we be exuding? We were so happy to be able to show all that to the crowd at Coachella."

As BLACKPINK has no official leader, the way the group gets along with each other is by freely expressing their opinions. If someone wants to be in charge of a part, they would suggest it directly, or if they think other members would do better, they would recommend others to go ahead, Lisa says she's grateful that the members can discuss these comfortably.

"We are all quite vocal with our opinions, not just on the performance we each want to prepare, there's also the stage structure, for example, how the lift rises and goes, where the lighting is directed at this bridge. When it's our solo part, pink or white coloured lights etc., regarding all these details we all have our input. For example, this Coachella, we had huge fans customised based on colors each member preferred, when the setlist is decided, it will be divided into 4 equal sections with each member in charge of 1 section. They were all very interesting and unique experiences!"

On the BORN PINK tour coming to and end, LISA recounts in detail about how the tour has felt like a dream in the last year, "The tour was a long project that lasted for over a year, on the last day of Seoul encore, I woke up feeling relieved but also a bit of a pity realising this was the last show of the tour. Regardless of some emotions of regret and pity that your was coming to an end, the show itself was very fun!"

"The last part of our show, we stood on the carts and waved to the fans from a closer distance, that moment was deeply imprinted into my mind. I tried my best to remember the faces of every BLINK, seeing our fans crying my tears also fell with them. Crying at each other while saying "don't cry" was hilarious, but throughout the last year, being able to share happy tears with our fans face to face, blended with the sadness I felt as the tour was ending, was a moment where I felt all the bittersweet emotions."

"I'm me when I'm working, I'm also me when I'm resting, I've never thought there would be a need to separate 'me' in different circumstances. When I feel stressed, I would go home and cuddle my cats and dog, I'll go online shopping. When we're on long haul flights, I try to sleep/rest as much as I can, and also chat with my members."

"Recently I received a very meaningful book, it's a book that can help one achieve mental peace and meditation book, teaching us how to wind down and focus on the present, and it was be rly helpful to me. Recently everyone has been so busy, the biggest motto of this book was "Take the time to yourself", it's been one of the most interesting books I've read recently. I've recommended it to my mom too since it's so good, especially when you're not in the best mood, the book can help you find peace in your heart & soul, and give you some tips on how to have better control over mood changes."

LISA says whenever she has free time she would travel, it's a way for her to take a break and also recharge her energy such as when she and her mom travelled in New York. "This year we went to many countries and cities, the one I recommend most is NY. To me through this world tour, it was a city that I grew to love more! First, the food is so good! I really love hotpot so wherever I go, I'd eat hotpot with JISOO unnie, I'm not kidding 😆

"Besides hotpot, there's also lots of delicious food in NY. This was the first time travelling to NY with my mom, besides having lots of yummy food, we also went shopping and visited the MET. Exploring lots of good food and spending time with friends, we really had a wonderful time."

When talking about travelling and good food, Lisa's eyes were gleaming with joy, as though she truly found the balance between her busy work schedules and enjoying life.

LISA says honestly that she now wants to spend time with her family, meditate, also challenge herself such as by learning a new language. "I want to learn a new language, specifically French, the biggest reason is that my niece doesn't speak Thai, so if I want to talk to her, I have to learn French 😆"

In LISA's principles, she doesn't allow herself to slack at any show, she wants to grasp every chance and be the most shining performer she can be. When the music sounds and the lights gather, LISA who was born to belong onstage, she's like a calm yet focused leopard, as the audience locks their eyes onto her, her confidence and ambition for the stage is unleashed. Some may say she's a genius, but the applause will only go to those who have earned it with hard work. It belongs to LISA who stayed in the rehearsal room until 3-4am, persevering to show an even better performance, she's made her own miracle, she's got the whole world on their feet, and they will all know the name "Lalisa".

LISA wants to encourage those who are chasing their dreams with her own experiences, " Just trust yourself. This is the message I want to convey, you must believe in yourself, I hope you won't be swayed by other's opinions or comments. Trust and believe in yourself because no one can take you down. Sometimes I may be affected by those noises around me, but I believe the most important thing is my own happiness. If you're doing something you love, you must only be happy."

Credit: Lisamygem

Photo bomb

BLɅϽKPIИKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d0be49590cd653400f491d4e92f0b5d82155e223.webp0686f56fbdf2b311900a9b1d35ebeb45486cbecf.webp67079a1df7aa8cb99ba773c7f5a82e1e36b586c7.webp

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!