Why do you think IVE ...

• Why do you think IVE chose Baddie as the TT when Holy Moly is the superior song? Ive mine is such a great album! baddie is the only bad song, and they chose it as TT...who is making these decisions?????

• I guess they wanted to go for something different thinking it would turn out well and be a hit. I like baddie a lot but nobody else seems to like it since it's not the sound dive's are used to, and maybe some fans feel like it doesn't suit them that much. I think they will always excel will royal elegant type of songs and not dark/girl crush concepts.

Holy Moly is very good though, should have been the TT in a different reality.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• I guess they wanted to go for something different thinking it would turn out well and be a hit. I like baddie a lot but nobody else seems to like it since it's not the sound dive's are used to, and maybe some fans feel like it doesn't suit them that much. I think they will always excel will royal elegant type of songs and not dark/girl crush concepts.

Holy Moly is very good though, should have been the TT in a different reality.

Makes sense, looks like they dont want to be stereotyped and want to prove they can pull off different concepts, but baddie is not the song for that in my opinion

• Makes sense, looks like they dont want to be stereotyped and want to prove they can pull off different concepts, but baddie is not the song for that in my opinion

yeah, it was too quick of a concept change + totally different song compared to their other releases, so it was hard for people to digest it. i'm not shocked most don't like it and it's not doing well in korea. just hope next comeback will be good, starship has to go back to the drawing board.

• i meant the sound they decided to go with. a track like baddie is a more western-oriented type of song; all swag, no melody. quite a departure from what made them hit big domestically. they're trying to follow the newjeans approach but i just don't think they're capable

Sorry but your narrative doesn't make any sense... companies have marketing studies, I hope lol..

If they were really targeting the West audience, they would have used the most y2k song on the album as TT, since that's what's been trending for more then two years in the West with representatives like Doja Cat, SZA, Sabrina Carpenter, which is exactly what newjeans and fifity fifity did...honestly, which kpop group managed to have real success with girl crush concept other than blackpink? Girl crush is clearly not the formula if they want to make into the west as a kpop group....If this is their marketing, then it's very stupid... because they don't even promote it in the USA

• yeah, it was too quick of a concept change + totally different song compared to their other releases, so it was hard for people to digest it. i'm not shocked most don't like it and it's not doing well in korea. just hope next comeback will be good, starship has to go back to the drawing board.

I hope so too... 4th gen has been proving that they can't pull of bad songs because 4th gen fans are not loyal at all...is insane how one bad song are harming groups nowadays

• I hope so too... 4th gen has been proving that they can't pull of bad songs because 4th gen fans are not loyal at all...is insane how one bad song are harming groups nowadays

I swear there's no loyalty in any 4th gen fandom's it just seems like a bunch of multi stans that don't stick around after a stumble in an group's career. But with the quality of music going down...I don't know if I blame 4th gen fans for not being loyal.

• Sorry but your narrative doesn't make any sense... companies have marketing studies, I hope lol..

If they were really targeting the West audience, they would have used the most y2k song on the album as TT, since that's what's been trending for more then two years in the West with representatives like Doja Cat, SZA, Sabrina Carpenter, which is exactly what newjeans and fifity fifity did...honestly, which kpop group managed to have real success with girl crush concept other than blackpink? Girl crush is clearly not the formula if they want to make into the west as a kpop group....If this is their marketing, then it's very stupid... because they don't even promote it in the USA

that's why i agree. they are stupid for trying to go after the west-- or at least try to dip their toes in it. they had no real reason to stray from their domestic success unless they just wanted to see if they could make a splash internationally. well now they know so i hope they do a 180 from this asap

• i have no idea what they were thinking i mean i get wanting to do a concept change but at least make the song a little bit better.

i don't mind listening to baddie much but watching them performing is definitely a little bit awkward. i mean yujin and rei suit the concept, wonys pretty fluid i guess, but the rest of them just don't.

i think where they went wrong is thinking that they have to change from elegant concept. there are so many branches of an elegant concept, like kitch was sorta elegant! but they went and did a, for lack of a better word, trashy like i don't know whatever baddie is.

holy molly is so good. choosing baddie just made them seem like followers

• I swear there's no loyalty in any 4th gen fandom's it just seems like a bunch of multi stans that don't stick around after a stumble in an group's career. But with the quality of music going down...I don't know if I blame 4th gen fans for not being loyal.

i think it might just take some more time maybe? i have no idea though because when i got into kpop at the start of 2018 i was oblivious to things like that so i don't know how fast groups build up a loyal fanbase

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!