Can we just damn wait for the official statement… YG Says ‘All Members in Discussions’

• I don't know what people are freaking out about. There have been groups in the past whose members signed with other companies and others renewed yet they were able to strike a deal with the original company who owns the rights to the group in order to have more freedom yet continue to do group activities.

That's all this is. And if true, it's actually really good news. It means the girls will have far more creative freedom as a group. And far more creative freedom in solo activities for the girls who don't renew with YG. But because the rights are owned by YG at least one of the girls has to stay with them otherwise BP has to disband because no company can afford to buy those rights.

So thank you Rosé for taking one for the team (again, if this is true - and I hope it is).

c o p e

20230919-041924.gif

• Doesn’t look like it’s good news that it’s taking this long. Normally that means a disagreement between the artist and the company, there is no way in hell they would have left their biggest act’s negotiation this late, definitively looking like they’re not renewing. I think this is also a big sign that BP is not bigger than YG, the company must be pushing back on their demands and trying to get a better deal their end. Otherwise this would have been done and dusted by now if YG just agreed to their terms…..

• Regarding the articles that poured out earlier on September 21st, YG only issued a brief position, saying “The contract renewal is still under discussion and has not been confirmed yet”.

Before speculating and drawing conclusions...

Let's wait, anyway they will announce it before Baemon's debut

So what you are saying is that Rose has not signed with YG.

• Before speculating and drawing conclusions...

Yeah this is the biggest K-pop GG. People will be speculating till the last second. Was the same with BTS, Twice etc. It's normal cuz everyone and their mother wants to know plus you have other companies that might try to influence members to join them by putting out news that they leaving, or YG trying to do the same by putting out articles like "X member is the only one to not renew, negotiations are in place."

• There have been groups in the past whose members signed with other companies and others renewed yet they were able to strike a deal with the original company who owns the rights to the group in order to have more freedom yet continue to do group activities.

I mean yes but considering BP barely had activities as a group when they were in YG I doubt they will have more in sperate companies. Plus if this tour has proved anything is that the girls are insanely out of sync. They're more like soloist occasionally performing as a group.

• it's not wrong for fans and even non-fans to want to know since the lack of information leaves everything up in the air...

uncertainty creates doubt and doubt creates fear

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!