How much each music streaming platform pays an artist for 1 million streams

• Can you link me to the sources for these numbers?

The 35% (may be 30% or 40%) is set by a regulation. It was in a Gaon video about royalties but I don't recall the name.

The 5 points (5.3 to be more exact) is from doing linear regression on the data from the Gaon Awards 2022. I didn't find anybody who recorded the data from 2023.

• When they say" YouTube Music, the music streaming platform operated by YouTube" is this the version where people pay?

I would imagine that what artists get paid is different from a stream on a free platform vs the premium paid platforms.

• This is from 2021 but offers more informaton

A tonne of music blogs and industry players have tried to calculate the exact figures. According to Forbes, “for 1 million plays of a song, artists receive roughly the following payout from these streaming services: Amazon Music $5,000; Apple Music $5,000-$5,500; Google Play $12,000; Pandora $1,400; YouTube $1,700.” And Spotify? Roughly $3000-$6000 (4.5 cents per stream). Furthermore, there are a couple of streaming royalty calculators on the net that can help you gauge how much money you’re going to make from streaming.

Both Spotify and Apple Music value a U.S. stream more than a stream coming from, say, India. This is mostly because the U.S. subscription costs $10, while the Indian one costs less than $2. When it comes to the free, ad-supported version, advertisers pay more for a Spotify US placement than a Spotify India one.

Moreover, the listener’s subscription plan level also changes the rate per stream. E.g. Spotify pay more for a stream from a subscribed listener than a freemium level listener. It’s important to note that Apple Music does not have a free version. Therefore, Apple can pay a higher rate per stream as all users are paid users.

How much do music streaming services pay artists in 2021? - Hypebot
    Ever wondered how many streams it takes for an artist to make money? Read on to find out this year’s pay rates for artists on popular streaming plattforms. A…
    www.hypebot.com

Here is a calculator that is supposed to stimate the dollar value of streaming

Estimate your earnings (2023 update) | Music Streaming Calculator

Here are different sources

Most streaming revenue comes from user subscription fees for services such as Spotify, Apple Music and Amazon Music Unlimited. In simple terms, the DSPs divvy their pools of subscription revenue according to the number of times a track was streamed in a particular month. (DSP

but even the payouts from streaming still get divided before the artist collects.

Overall, for every $1 a streaming service pays in royalties, rights holders collectively earn about 73 cents, creators take a little over 25 cents and the PRO gets a little over 1 cent. Breaking that down for recorded music revenue, the artist receives about 16 cents and the label takes about 64 cents. On the publishing side, in a typical case, the songwriter and publisher each get 9.4 cents.

https://www.billboard.com/pro/…-explained-song-profits/#!

This one has charts

How Much Do Artists Make Per Stream? Here's the Latest Breakdown
    Here's a concise analysis of the question that so many in the music industry have asked: How much do artists make per stream?
    www.digitalmusicnews.com

• The 35% (may be 30% or 40%) is set by a regulation. It was in a Gaon video about royalties but I don't recall the name.

The 5 points (5.3 to be more exact) is from doing linear regression on the data from the Gaon Awards 2022. I didn't find anybody who recorded the data from 2023.

Not you finding the r value, i just got brought back to high school

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• In the vibrant landscape of digital influence, Korean bloggers are carving a niche for themselves, harnessing the power of blogger outreach services to soar to new heights. Just as K-pop sensations like BTS and BLACKPINK have captivated global audiences with their unique charm, Korean bloggers are using outreach services to extend their reach far beyond borders.

By tapping into the collaborative spirit reminiscent of popular music collaborations, these bloggers connect with influencers, fellow content creators, and diverse audiences worldwide. This strategic approach not only diversifies their content, injecting it with fresh perspectives akin to the dynamic beats of a K-pop track but also opens doors to monetization opportunities through brand partnerships. As these bloggers navigate cultural nuances with the finesse of a well-choreographed performance, they bridge gaps, fostering a global community of engaged followers.

Much like the trust and adoration inspired by beloved K-pop idols, these connections build credibility, propelling Korean bloggers into the spotlight as influential voices resonate not only in Korea but across the digital universe.

• The payout rates vary quite a bit across different streaming platforms. For instance, Spotify pays around $4,000 to $7,000 for 1 million streams, but it's a ballpark figure and can fluctuate. It's important for artists to explore promotional strategies like those offered on platforms such as https://songlifty.com/spotify-promotion/ to help maximize their streams and earnings.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!