Question. Please answer thoughtfully and fully

• In my personal experience in America, I lived there my whole life until a few years ago, I noticed that the standards for white and black people are different.

For example, and these are actual situations I have seen first hand, a white friend of mine got cornrows and posted a pic online and got haters calling her racist and appropriating black culture and other names and insults I can't say here

A black friend of mine dyed her hair so it was blond and put in blue eye contacts and posted a pic. People praised her for being so beautiful and they said slay queen and gave her compliments

We went to a fundraising event where the main colors were red, white and black, so my friends painted half her face red and the other black and people called her out saying that she basically half blackfaced. They did not, however, call out my black friend who painted her face half red and half white.

I want to ask a question and I want you to give answer honestly.

If I got plastic surgery to make my skin black (assuming I'm not already black), how would you feel?

How about if I am black and I pull a Michael Jackson to make me white?

I'm really just curious how these two different but the same situations would be received, so please don't hate on my for asking

• i wouldnt say anything cuz i am not white or black but i would think its a little strange that you want to change your race. Also people might get mad at me but racism towards white people definitely exist. It may not be pointed out or regarded but it definitely exists.

Thank you and I agree, although people who just simply point it out usually get attacked for even opening their mouths

only click the spoiler if you want to see my honest reaction

• Assimilation and cultural appropriation are two different things. Blonde hair is not a part of any culture, and blackface has been an actual problem where in white people belittle black people using it. Black people did not do the same for white people in the past to belittle them or to dehumanize them like white people did. Skin bleaching is different from wanting to black fish, sis what is this? What are you trying to achieve with this thread?

I was more going towards using parts of others races or cultures for your own use. Blond hair is from white culture so when black people use it they are taking from a culture or race that isn't their own. Black people have historically actually done a lot to belittle white people so please do some research. But I guess this answer shows one side of the spectrum

• Please show me how black people have done a lot to belittle white people throughout history, please show me YOUR research. Black people can have blonde hair naturally, did you know that? They can also have blue eyes. Hair color is not culture. Try again.

I was only asking a question wanting to hear an honest answer to see how people felt on the different sides. You can do your own research

• "Do your own research"? You made the claim so you defend it, but I know you won't since there's no way to defend your idiotic statement in this backwards ass thread. No one will take you seriously if you don't even care to defend your own argument.

As I said, I asked a question and I stated what I found in the research I had done. It is not my job to educate you and I'm not here to prove myself to you or anyone else. I hear your opinion clearly and that's all I asked for.

• Show me your research. Right now it just looks like you're a white apologist, so either show me your research or admit your claim isn't backed up by any research whatsoever. Quit misleading people.

I don't think I will. I don't like to waste my time. Nice of you to assume I'm white just because I question the POC point of view but why am I surprised. Have a nice day

• I'm sorry? I mean if a hairstyle is ingrained in a culture and made by its people, and if a CERTAIN race in their society deems the hairstyle "unprofessional" or "disgusting" for years only to later appropriate it, then the people who made that hair style have every right to become outraged.

Hairstyles result of specific hair textures. They're a byproduct. Stop bringing the stigma against braided hair all the time, the rest of the world is not responsible for the shit that's going on in your fucked up country.

Look at this dude. King Buzzo from the Melvins. Look at his hair. With this kind of hair, he could very well braid them as it would suit his hair texture. But I guess people like would be offended just because he's white.

member-of-the-melvins-band-buzz-osborne-also-known-as-king-buzzo-is-picture-id461360149?s=612x612

• White apologist =/= white, it just means you're an apologist for all the wrongdoings of white people. But of course you don't know this diction, since you did NO RESEARCH.

I don't excuse any of the wrong doings done to anyone of any color by anyone of any color, black white asian or anything else. I did do research but as I said before, I do not need to explain anything to you because I understand your point of view and I know that even if I explain you will still call me racist. This is my experience and I'm done dealing with people who accuse me of things without knowing me. Now if you'll excuse me

• Dude, what? Ancient African tribes used hairstyles like braids to indicate status, it's culture. Literal culture, which yes a white man has no business using. "People like you"? Who are people like me?

If you can't comprehend what I said, then you're just as racist than the white devils you hate so much. The opposite sides of the same fuckin coin. You claim to fight them even though you play by the same rules. Keep being a loser.

• i wouldnt say anything cuz i am not white or black but i would think its a little strange that you want to change your race. Also people might get mad at me but racism towards white people definitely exist. It may not be pointed out or regarded but it definitely exists. It isnt as bad as the racism towards black people or other races tho.

u cant be racist 2 yt ppl

• Hairstyles result of specific hair textures. They're a byproduct. Stop bringing the stigma against braided hair all the time, the rest of the world is not responsible for the shit that's going on in your fucked up country.

Look at this dude. King Buzzo from the Melvins. Look at his hair. With this kind of hair, he could very well braid them as it would suit his hair texture. But I guess people like would be offended just because he's white.

member-of-the-melvins-band-buzz-osborne-also-known-as-king-buzzo-is-picture-id461360149?s=612x612

their r certain hairstyles that belong to the black culture

• Honestly, i would say you are mind controlled by exploitative media, AND I would suggest your selfish Vanity may be criminally depleting scarce medical resources that could be saving lives.

How many more lives could have been saved over past decades if rich people and their politicians hadn't funneled basic medical funding into elaborate plastic surgery facilities.

Closed the thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!