After 1 week, What do you think about EXO’s “EXIST”?

• My personal thoughts :-

Musically, it’s the perfect comeback EXO could’ve had. The best of 2023 EASILY.

I have to say, I’m not impressed by 4th gen or 5th gen releases of this year. An 11 year old group had the freshest songs so far. Didn’t follow any trends yet didn’t fall behind either. A song like “Cream Soda” is something only EXO can do.

Hear Me Out is such a groovy track and Let Me In is a perfect album closer. I feel like this album is among their most cohesive till now. I feel like it will totally climb up my rankings and might as well dethrone The War.

My Ranking :-

1. Don’t Mess Up My Tempo

2. The War

3. EXIST

4. EXODUS

5. Ex’Act

6. Obsession

7. XOXO

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content open.spotify.com

Live Performances :-

Dance Practice :-

This is definitely one of the hardest choreos in KPOP!!

Let me know your thoughts on the album, b-sides, live performances etc??

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Cream Soda is definitely one of my fav EXO tts. Addictive, fun, explosive and sexy with EXO's insane vocals!!! EXO released SOTY

I would put it after Monster, on par with Growl maybe?

The choreo is also great EXO beated oldjeans allegations :pepe-hehe: Kai was absent but I can see members put a lot effort and they've done amazingly well <3

EXIST is very EXO but their most mature sounding album so far imo. The tracks had some nice twists which I enjoyed a lot. And they literally flexed their vocals love them for that! It is a non skip album but I dont know where to put it bc live performances can change my mind. After dmumt, exodus for now. On par with obsession, exact, the war (I can't rank these 3 either) maybe?

Let me in, privater party, hear me out, no makeup, love fool are my fav

I loved all the music show stages (music core being my fav styling) and of course, their Growl, Cream soda performances in Junghoon's night park and dingo killing voice <3 Singing like that while dancing EXO proved they are in a league of their own.

I hope we get to see more of them :holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears:

• It was only a week of promotions, but I love the album and the content we got and it was worth the wait! The Killing Voice is something I'll be watching the rest of my life, and so many of my students have mentioned it to me telling me how good it was and how impressed they were with EXO. I also loved the two performances on the Jannabi guy's show, they were both so live and the members seemed to be enjoying themselves so much. I'm excited for the behind the recording video and behind the filming of Cream Soda (they said both were coming at the fansign today).

I agree Daniel that it's their most cohesive album and Let Me In is the perfect closer. I do think it's kind of missing the really out-there experimental songs, a la Jekyll/Chill/or even Gravity to an extent, but the flipside of that is every song works and is really catchy. I think it'd been so long as a group that they wanted to stay in their R&B comfort zone and I love that. If anything, Cream Soda is the most surprising song on this album, but I love it and I think it continues their tradition of great title tracks. Idk where it goes in my all-time rankings but it's up there for sure.

• I keep coming to this album every time I have the chance or find the opportunity to put my headphones on and enjoy the album. I haven't been able to catch up with their music shows performances, But I have watched Killing voice and the Season's performances. All I can say is that it feels that no one seems to be having a better time than EXO themselves.

As to the album, call me biased, but I always think EXO's latest album is their best yet (ever since I became a fan, except DFTF because it felt like an assignment and Countdown, because that was a waste of an album). EXO has just shown that experienced and seasoned does not mean tired and worn out but still curious and willing to try things. I love the cohesion of the album and I agree each song stands on their own.

• I have listened to the album, and there are two songs on it that I really like: Cream Soda and Regret. Let me in is a decent ballad.

The great thing is that a title track is one of my fav songs on the album, in a long time. So that’s a nice change. Sehun and Chanyeol rapped so well. You can see a noticeable improvement in all of the members. Regret it is such a fun bop, a perfect mix of rap and great vocals, and I have it on repeat since day one.

Overall the members and the songs are more mature this time. And you can see the growth in all of them individually and as a group.

However the other songs were rather forgettable or unappealing. It is true that this album was a vocal flex, however I do believe that there is a difference between showcasing good vocals, and having an appealing song. Exist reminded me of one of Baekhyuns albums: city lights/Bambi, where he showcases excellent vocals but not listenable songs.

My final rating: 4.5/10 I would put it at a 5.5/10 because they are my bias group. We need another War or DMUMT asap. I liked all of the songs in these albums.

• I think it was a good cb, I’m very pleased with it. I think Cream Soda is in top 10 tt for me.

I agree with what others r saying I think it’s their most cohesive album ;judgingpepe:

I think this is their best album vocal wise it’s just a lot more mature and I think the album shows that well imo. Like the adlibs and everything it sounds good 😩😩

Okay idk how to rank it I just listened again so my opinion changed 💀

For me;

1. DMUMT; nothing can ever top this album imo; favorites; With You 😔, sign, Ooh La La La, gravity, trauma, bad dream, oasis, tempo, 24/7, wait, LS.

I just said the entire album 🧍‍♀️

2. Ex’act; favorites; one and only, white noise they never know, she’s dreaming, lotto, artificial love, monster, lucky one.

3. Exodus; favorites; cmb, exodus, lmr, what if, my answer, first love, playboy.

4. Exist; faves; Another Day this song is their best like vocal wise do u hear d.o. at the end😫, cream soda, love fool, Cinderella, private party, let me in, regret it.

5. Obsession; favorites; obsession, groove, jekyll, day after day, baby you are, butterfly effect.

6. The War; faves; going crazy, the eve, kkb, what u do, forever, boomerang, touch it.

7. XOXO; faves; My Lady, heart attack, black Pearl, let out the beast, don’t go

Sorry idk why I put favorites but they r there

exist, the war and obsession are equal for me tho like idk how to place those but obsession is my favorite tt and groove is favorite bside but The War is a good summer album idk

😭

Also I like how different each era was for them like wow it took me now to realize :skull:

• Even though its been only one week, we've gotten so much content and I'm happy to see that exo members are enjoying it as much as we are. Theyve given us killing voice, music shows, fansigns, tik tok challenges, infamous staircase photo and a dance practice. Things that are normal for other groups but something we have been deprived of and they gave it all to us this time </3

This comeback feels so bittersweet because of kai not being there and the constant sabotage from SM BUT im gonna try not to be pessimistic in this thread.

EXIST album itself indeed feels like their most cohesive album. Theyve never been one to redo something they're already done. This was a more laid back, chill and groovy album compared to say The War which is the album I would compare this to, both being summer comebacks and everything. I've grown to appreciate cream soda more after seeing their performances, it has some extremely catchy parts and i can't stop quoting "bomb bomb dessert". Chanyeol ATE and left no crumbs this comeback

• It was only a week of promotions, but I love the album and the content we got and it was worth the wait! The Killing Voice is something I'll be watching the rest of my life, and so many of my students have mentioned it to me telling me how good it was and how impressed they were with EXO. I also loved the two performances on the Jannabi guy's show, they were both so live and the members seemed to be enjoying themselves so much. I'm excited for the behind the recording video and behind the filming of Cream Soda (they said both were coming at the fansign today).

I agree Daniel that it's their most cohesive album and Let Me In is the perfect closer. I do think it's kind of missing the really out-there experimental songs, a la Jekyll/Chill/or even Gravity to an extent, but the flipside of that is every song works and is really catchy. I think it'd been so long as a group that they wanted to stay in their R&B comfort zone and I love that. If anything, Cream Soda is the most surprising song on this album, but I love it and I think it continues their tradition of great title tracks. Idk where it goes in my all-time rankings but it's up there for sure.

Another Day is a bit more experimental than rest of the tracks.

They still got it….

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• Even though its been only one week, we've gotten so much content and I'm happy to see that exo members are enjoying it as much as we are. Theyve given us killing voice, music shows, fansigns, tik tok challenges, infamous staircase photo and a dance practice. Things that are normal for other groups but something we have been deprived of and they gave it all to us this time </3

This comeback feels so bittersweet because of kai not being there and the constant sabotage from SM BUT im gonna try not to be pessimistic in this thread.

EXIST album itself indeed feels like their most cohesive album. Theyve never been one to redo something they're already done. This was a more laid back, chill and groovy album compared to say The War which is the album I would compare this to, both being summer comebacks and everything. I've grown to appreciate cream soda more after seeing their performances, it has some extremely catchy parts and i can't stop quoting "bomb bomb dessert". Chanyeol ATE and left no crumbs this comeback

SeChan really brought their A-game this album!!!

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!