- wake them up by screaming at them
- tear the covers off them
- manhandle them
- make them feel so unsafe they have to lock their door
- kick their door in
- cause them to be locked in their own room when they close it because the doorknob is broken
- tell them it's their own fault because they shouldn't have locked it again even though all they did was try to close it
- take their journal
- look through their devices
- take their personal belongings
- accuse them of being irresponsible online
- shut the wifi off as a punishment
- force unhealthy expectations onto them
- treat them like your second chance at achieving your failed goals
- force them to participate in your religion
- make fun of them for their interests
- make fun of them for their lifestyle choices
- make fun of them for struggling in school
- not allow them to communicate with friends online and then make fun of them for not having friends
- threaten to kick them out of their house or make them sleep outside
- push them
- hit them
- tell them you wish you could hit them but 'apparently i'll get in trouble since everything's abuse now'
- expect them to treat you with respect
- expect them to want to spend time with you
- act shocked and accuse them of being selfish for not wanting to spend time with you
- accuse them of thinking you're the worst person in the world for no reason
- use bible verses as justification for abuse
- be homophobic, transphobic, racist, ableist, and xenophobic (ur saying the r slur nd calling music/tv in other languages weird? in 2021? grow tf up)
idk, i expected abusing, gaslighting, and infringing on their rights to privacy to be basic things that everyone knows not to do to a child, but ig not.
i'd add more but i've blocked out so much stuff... yay trauma!
i feel like i shouldn't post this. idk how to end it. this isnt really a valuable post. just a rant.