How To Make Scalloped Potatoes Like Eman's Grandma

• How To Make Scalloped Potatoes Like Eman's Grandma

Today for Valentine's day I made a big meal. All for myself lol.

Baked Glazed ham, biscuits, and Grandma's Scalloped Potatoes.

These potatoes are my favorite.

I remember them from childhood and it was how my mom made them. And she made them the way her mother did (Grandma!)

They're simple to make. From scratch. And they're sooooo good.

No exact measurements or times because by god grandma didn't use those. (But I promise it's easy to figure out.)

Ingredients:

Potatoes

Flour

Butter (sticks preferably)

Can of Evaporated Milk (or regular milk)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Wash and peel potatoes.

Cut each potato into thin discs ("scallops"), about 1/4 inch thick or so.

Butter the inside of a glass or ceramic baking dish.

Place a layer of the potatoes discs on the bottom of the dish.

Use a spoon and sprinkle about 2 spoonsful of flour over the layer of potatoes.

Cut 3 slabs of butter from the stick about 1/4 inch thick and spread them out on top of the flour layer.

Add another layer (potatoes > flour > butter) the same way you did the first and keep adding layers until you run out of potatoes or your dish is 3/4 full. Don't go over 3/4 full.

Pour the milk into the dish until it fills just to the bottom of the top layer. (Don't completely cover it with milk)

Use aluminum foil to cover the dish.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.

Check the potatoes to see if they're done. (Use a fork and pull a disc out and taste it. If they are still hard or firm they aren't done. They should be soft when you bite through with your teeth.)

Put back in it not done and keep checking every 15 minutes to see if they're done.

Once they're soft. THE END.

Just like Grandma Eman.

:merongk:

Should look about like this when your done (except without the onion) (my phone camera is broken so I couldn't take my own photo.)

Never-Fail-Scalloped-Potatoes_EXPS_SDFM18_36985_D10_03_2b.jpg

Edited once, last by emanresu ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!