A kpop pet peeve i have

• I still can't believe why any company would not add the English subs for their acts in today's market when it's known that international fans can potentially bring positive impact to their acts. It's giving access to a larger customer group, which is pretty basic - sales 101.

But I had this ordeal with JPOP since the 90's and even now, so many Jpn artists don't have subs either.

• I just pretend to understand what their saying and fill in the blanks in my head. photo synthesizing but with my mind....that don't make no damn sense.....google translating but with my mind but I don't speak korean so it's only one way but it's the thought that counts....

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• Same, even tho it's a bit bearable than watching no-sub content.

But I have the reverse of this pet peeve, which is I found a joy if the subtitles are giving a name/initials of the singer of that part.

It's actually one of the reason why I fell for WJSN, since they are 10 and it helps me to know which one is which when I watched their mv and learn about them at the first time

• putting no subs in an MV is wild to me :pepewhat:

all it ends up doing is making me stream those lyric translation videos:pepe-shrug:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

Edited once, last by bobsyouruncle ().

• putting no subs in an MV is wild to me :pepewhat:

all it does is end up in making me stream those lyric translation videos:pepe-shrug:

How dare you stream the lyric videos

They just released the MV we need to stream the MV to get 50mil in next 24 hours

I think you should take down the lyric video now it will affect the streams of my faves because people don't watch the MV

;judgingpepe:

You think I'm making shit up this was so common even when MV have subs, people asking others to not waych lyric videos just for records

• if u search hard enough u will find a thread on jaeguchi on akp :eyes:

• its such a big hassle to look for lyrics trans vid + sometimes i just want to match the lyrics to the scene in the mv and its impossible to do so

I agree with you, but I think that it can't be helped that when you don't understand the language the music is in. Like it can't be helped that you have to go listen to the song multiple times, or look for a lyric video in order to understand. The multi-language subtitles were only a recent thing after all.

I even tried something recently, paste the translation into notepad and put it next to the video but it can be hard to pay attention to both at the same time, you will miss parts of the video or parts of the lyrics. In conclusion it's not very good if it's not underneath >:(

I have also realized it is obviously much more fun to watch color coded lyrics in video form than just reading the member coded lyrics or reading the lyrics without member coding. But then when you go to less popular groups you will realize these videos are acts of fan labor that take a lot of time and effort.

I did see multiple times subtitles for vlogs/variety content and not music videos. I don't get why they don't do the subs for music videos when it takes a much shorter time to translate and many more people watch it. The main reason I can think of is that they don't even consider that the meaning of lyrics could be important to people who don't understand the language (the video and song is more important), which I guess is understandable.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!