I don't think people are aware about how big Newjeans potential in Japan and China

• I have seen many kpop fans say on twitter or tiktok that Newjeans is only popular in Korea and spotify which makes me curious whether that statement is true or not. As I got curious, I trying to see how they're doing in Japan and China as it's the easiest one to search for and kpop are super popular there.

Please note here, I'm not their fans but I think kpop community as a whole really don't have any idea about the potential of this group. They're quite a force in everywhere.

Japan: They're the 4th gg with the highest peak in BB Japan Artist 100 at no 7. Ditto also holds the record of the fastest song by a female artist to reach 100M streams on Oricon. They even able to chart their ads song in Japan BB hot 100. Yes they're from Hybe but it's still impressive that they were able to do this without any Japan promo.

For the upcoming summer sonic festival in Japan, 10,000 ticket were sold when they were announced as the part of the line up and they're not even the headliners.

China: Their popularity In China was even more shocking to me as Hybe groups usually not really popular as a group there compared to big 3 groups. They're the 4th most following groups across all China's streaming platforms in less then a year. NewJeans is among the Top 10 Peak Artists that was listed by China's QQ Music in the first half of 2023. Ditto was listed in the Top 10 Peak Singles for Q1. And haerin, that girl has a huge potential if Ador know how to play their card well.

In conclusion, their popularity actually really well balanced in all place.

• I'm not their fans but I think kpop community as a whole really don't have any idea about the potential of this group.

Agreed

Kpop community (mostly fans of other girlgroups) are purposefully doing their best to remain clueless about New Jeans sales/charting pattern. I'm expecting this to change in a year, at best.

Their huge success in Japan is a given at this point, they are exactly the kind of group jp people like

As for China, things are a bit more fuzzy. We know what drives Chinese sales are akgaes, NJ will need one member or two who goes viral to sell well there. It doesn't help they have no Chinese members to get free attention, but thisnisna ring that van be tweaked off with the right music, fingers crossed

• You sound like a fan? I guess I'm the only one not impressed with this girl group. They got their popularity handled to them with no build up/hard work. I'm not saying they needed to struggle, but their immediate success is also a turn-off. Think what sealed it for me was one of them already getting a huge part in a big Disney production but had nothing to show for it, being an idol for less than a year.

• As for China, things are a bit more fuzzy. We know what drives Chinese sales are akgaes, NJ will need one member or two who goes viral to sell well there. It doesn't help they have no Chinese members to get free attention, but thisnisna ring that van be tweaked off with the right music, fingers crossed

I think Haerin will get really popular in China if Ador know how to promote her well. She has the biggest followers in weibo and super topic among the recent debut groups (except for Wy, Yujin and Sakura of course) and they bought more than 100k albums for Newjeans' first cb with no predebut hype at all. Minji was doing pretty well there too.

It's actually surprised me that they're doing well than Lsf in China when Sakura that have one of the biggest cbar for gg is in the group.

• You sound like a fan? I guess I'm the only one not impressed with this girl group. They got their popularity handled to them with no build up/hard work. I'm not saying they needed to struggle, but their immediate success is also a turn-off. Think what sealed it for me was one of them already getting a huge part in a big Disney production but had nothing to show for it, being an idol for less than a year.

I'm not, they are bunch of minors which turn me off.

Anyway, they're from a big company of course they're going to do well but it's not going to erase their achievements. If you're not impressed, then idc. But I am impressed because not all big 4 groups able to achieve what they have especially in less than a year after debut while having the exact same privileged. Also not like they were not fighting hundreds to thousands of people for their debut position.

The Disney matters actually really confused me. You're right, she is still not a year old idol yet but she achieved a lot of things that make even a giant company like Disney to notice her. Disney want a buzz and Danielle has it. Her ost mv currently still trending in SK with almost 5m views in 2 days. Most Korean not even interested in Disney new version of TLM before this. Applause to them for their good marketing strategy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!