ZB1 members’ individual Chinese sales compared

• Ricky is also Chinese but how is his numbers so far from Zhang Hao? And why is Seok Matthew so low?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by bbb988 ().

• Ricky is also Chinese but how is his numbers so far from Zhang Hao? And why is Seok Matthew so low?

Zhang Hao has been semi-famous even before this, he already had fans when he was in university, photoshoots, he was well-established in the music world due to his schooling and so on, while Ricky is an LA based teenager who really wasn't in the public eye up until now, so maybe that's why.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• We should be glad Hao is in the group in the first place because he's the reason ZB1 will have any Chinese sales at all considering BP flopped in China.

Their situation is actually pretty similar to Wanna One where Korean and Japanese sales will hard carry. ZH is the only reason we might have decent Chinese sales at all. He isn't my bias, but I'm thankful to him in that regard, just like I'm thankful Gunwook pulls the Japanese sales, Jiwoong South American etc.

Edit: Also to people who feel hurt about their bias' numbers, don't be! This is just the beginning for all of them, the group hasn't even debuted yet. I'm sure all the members will grow. Sure, some members may not be popular in China, but they'll have other domains where they are. Every member brings a lot of fans to ZB1 and every one of them is precious in their own way. While numbers are a good way to gauge popularity and congratulate certain members, I hope stans don't get too caught up in it and get upset.

• Ricky was never the most popular one in China, I would say he's top2 in the west. Actually, in some eliminations Yujin was the most voted one in China (more votes than Hao). I read that Haobin as a ship is more popular than ZB1 there, I hope they get to know the whole group and like them :pepe-legs:

External Content www.youtube.com

• Edit: Also to people who feel hurt about their bias' numbers, don't be! This is just the beginning for all of them, the group hasn't even debuted yet. I'm sure all the members will grow. Sure, some members may not be popular in China, but they'll have other domains where they are. Every member brings a lot of fans to ZB1 and every one of them is precious in their own way. While numbers are a good way to gauge popularity and congratulate certain members, I hope stans don't get too caught up in it and get upset.

I would say ZB1 popularity is pretty even compared to other groups (even more produce ones). There's no member who's popularity is the least in every country. Example: Gunwook is one of the least populars in Korea, but he's huge in Japan. Gyuvin is one of the least popular members in the west, but one of the most populars in Korea. Every member appeal to a certain audience and country.

• Ricky is literally at #3, so it's not low by any means

Yujin being #2 don't surprise me either, I've learned with Sehun that Chinese people have a thing for silent maknaes

The difference between Hao and others is huge because the show flopped in China, people don't know about any of them except Hao who got huge media coverage because he was the winner of the show

Wait the show flopped in China? I remember X1 was pretty big in China. Do you know why China doesn’t stan the group?

• another reason why I can never be kpop star

Imagine your teammate selling almost 100 times more than you

My self confidence would be flushed down a toilet

At the same time is a huge pressure being the most popular one, a scandal and you f the whole group :peperun:

• I would say ZB1 popularity is pretty even compared to other groups (even more produce ones). There's no member who's popularity is the least in every country. Example: Gunwook is one of the least populars in Korea, but he's huge in Japan. Gyuvin is one of the least popular members in the west, but one of the most populars in Korea. Every member appeal to a certain audience and country.

Exactly, every member brings something to the table. This is a very balanced lineup with very even popularity imho.

A great example of members rising in popularity would be Jiwoong. He was always popular in Japan, but from what I see, it's risen quite significantly after he spoke fluent Japanese at KCON. So, there's always the potential to rise.

Again, these types of posts should be taken as positives since Zhang Hao's popularity in China will benefit ZB1 as a whole.

• Wait the show flopped in China? I remember X1 was pretty big in China. Do you know why China doesn’t stan the group?

Both Planet seasons didn't do well in China because of survival show fatigue. It was bad in Korea but even worse in China because they had like 6 Produce seasons in 3 years (3 seasons of Youth With You aka the unofficial remake and 3 seasons of the official Produce remake). Fan culture around survival shows got so bad that the government had to ban them and a lot of their popularity fell off after that, even if they were from other countries.

It's just in one location. Taerae for example is a Top 4 member in Korea in terms of popularity and I'm sure his fansites will contribute a lot to Korean sales.

• Ricky was never the most popular one in China, I would say he's top2 in the west. Actually, in some eliminations Yujin was the most voted one in China (more votes than Hao). I read that Haobin as a ship is more popular than ZB1 there, I hope they get to know the whole group and like them :pepe-legs:

I would Matthew is the top 1 in west, he's Canadian and an english speaker. His Yiutube numbers were always fairly high and I remember the bost saying he was the top 1 in most of Latin America during the first elimination

• Exactly, every member brings something to the table. This is a very balanced lineup with very even popularity imho.

A great example of members rising in popularity would be Jiwoong. He was always popular in Japan, but from what I see, it's risen quite significantly after he spoke fluent Japanese at KCON. So, there's always the potential to rise.

Again, these types of posts should be taken as positives since Zhang Hao's popularity in China will benefit ZB1 as a whole.

Gonna be fun to watch the changes too. Koreans fans are liking more Gunwook since the end of Boys Planet and they found out he's one of the most well spoken members in the documentary and live.

Till now, I think ZB1 fandom get along pretty well for a survival show group. I was afraid that after the kcon performance everyone would fight for lines, but the subfandoms agreed that is impossible to everyone sing the same amount of lines.

• I would Matthew is the top 1 in west, he's Canadian and an english speaker. His Yiutube numbers were always fairly high and I remember the bost saying he was the top 1 in most of Latin America during the first elimination

I'm sure Matthew is one of the most popular members in the west. West is difficult to rank, like, Matthew must be top1 fandom wise, while Ricky is the most popular member outside ZB1 fandom.

• Gonna be fun to watch the changes too. Koreans fans are liking more Gunwook since the end of Boys Planet and they found out he's one of the most well spoken members in the documentary and live.

Till now, I think ZB1 fandom get along pretty well for a survival show group. I was afraid that after the kcon performance everyone would fight for lines, but the subfandoms agreed that is impossible to everyone sing the same amount of lines.

Yes! I was surprised, but apart from a few people complaining about Matthew's lines, most of the fandom got along pretty well.

I hope this energy continues, the true test will be their debut title track.

• Gonna be fun to watch the changes too. Koreans fans are liking more Gunwook since the end of Boys Planet and they found out he's one of the most well spoken members in the documentary and live.

I would say he has the biggest fandom while Ricky and Jiwoong are more known to non-ZB1 stans.

• Both Planet seasons didn't do well in China because of survival show fatigue. It was bad in Korea but even worse in China because they had like 6 Produce seasons in 3 years (3 seasons of Youth With You aka the unofficial remake and 3 seasons of the official Produce remake). Fan culture around survival shows got so bad that the government had to ban them and a lot of their popularity fell off after that, even if they were from other countries.

What about in Korea? Is hype for the group big like Wanna One? Is Hanbin as big as Kang Daniel was?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!