5 K-pop Associations oppose new law protecting underage artists

• The fact that the restriction is 35 hours and 40 hours per week is absolutely WILD lmfao. I hope this goes through, both for the sake of kids and also in the hopes that companies will go back to debuting young adults instead of children.

So sick of debutees being like 13-16.

• AESPA literally just said they only sleep 5 hours a week when they are promoting.

They are not an outlier. Of course they are all adults, so these rules don't apply to them. But, even 13 year olds like Hyein promote on music shows, and we all know that music shows will have you up from like 4 am to 2 am the next night.

Hyein is 15 not 13, I'm not disagreeing with anything you said just correcting you on her age

• Gyuvin also only turns 19 im august. I wasn't aware Korea legal maturity was only reached with the age of 19

I think only the birth year matters, not the month, but I'm not sure, I'm only sure Gunwook is a minor till next year lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I hope they'll just ban all under 18 trainees from debuting and remove all idols below 18 from their groups. I just wonder how many members each group will have after that?

• maybe if they didn't debut kids they wouldn't have to face this type of problem

and Honestly 30 hours a week for people between 12 and 15yo is still problematic to me

it's almost the same number of hour a salary man do here

yeah all of this would've been solved if they stopped debuting kids

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• AESPA literally just said they only sleep 5 hours a week when they are promoting.

They are not an outlier. Of course they are all adults, so these rules don't apply to them. But, even 13 year olds like Hyein promote on music shows, and we all know that music shows will have you up from like 4 am to 2 am the next night.

Yup and like the old rockstar meme of them being on drugs that same is true here, a good amount of idols are on drugs. Not because they are drug addicts and need a fix. No it's because this lack of sleep. They constantly need something to keep them wired and alert. Ww have all seen one dangerous setup where idols are given IV caffeine drips and this is administered by their staff and last i checked their staff are not medical professionals, an iv and an injection is supposed to be administered by a nurse, doctor or paramedic/emt. None of the staff in a idols group are any of these things.

After awhile your body grows a resistance to caffeine requiring more dangerous doses until you can't safely take anymore. Thus this turn to drugs because quite a few controlled substances can give that wake and alert state without much drawback danger is it's illegal

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!