IU's composers deny plagiarism accusations

• IU's composers deny plagiarism accusations

0003279607_001_20230512165112506.jpg

Article: IU reps, "The accuser's decision to file the charge against IU and not the composers is a clear attempt at harming her image"

Source: The Joongang via Naver

[+603, -116] I'm not an IU fan or anti, just an ordinary person, and I found the similarities so stark when I listened to the comparisons... Especially 'The Red Shoes,' it sounds exactly alike. Objectively, I think she's going to continue to face these accusations unless she offers an explanation that is understandable??

[+488, -171] Hmm.. I don't know what it might sound like to an expert's ears but to a normal person, it sounds quite similar..

[+457, -158] Well singers receive royalties from the songs so I don't see a problem with lodging the charge against the singer. If the song is plagiarized, just apologize... What does tainting her image have anything to do with this?

[+445, -154] Her agency is really trying to make this more malicious than it seems. It's like they're using their wealth and power to pound down on this one person who brought the charge forward. Either way, the song was released by IU, and everyone knows the song as belonging to IU. No one is out there looking up the composer for every song they listen to?? It's like when an apartment building collapses and lodging the complaint against the project manager instead of the construction company behind it. If she's so sure she didn't plagiarize, why sue back? I don't really see a reason for someone with no power to go out of their way just to hurt IU's image ㅋㅋㅋ I listened to the songs and they're exactly alike~ but sure, keep telling the public that their ears are wrong~

[+236, -67] It's too similar

[+161, -35] I really hate how the public has made IU, Yoo Hee Yeol, and Yoo Jae Suk untouchable gods

[+128, -17] Well why do you think Lee Hyori admitted to her songs being plagiarized when she wasn't the one who composed them? Even if it's just a song you received, it's known as your song and you're the one who accepted that responsibility. IU has been accused of over 40 counts of plagiarism and hasn't apologized or reflected over any of them. She just buries them all with money and threatens legal action..

[+139, -30] Okay but she actually did participate in the production?? What do you think the arrangement credits are?? Were you just sticking her name in there for nothing?? Shove the blame on to the composers all you want but the final line of responsibility is with herself. She's kept quiet all these years.

[+97, -19] So as a singer, she's taking no responsibility for any of her songs? Wasn't her image and the reason she's so loved based on the fact that she's different from other idols, that she writes her own songs? I took a listen to the comparisons with all this fuss going on and they're actually really quite similar, so much so that she's looking irresponsible to me.

[+88, -17] So they kept quiet all these years and now they're like "go take it up with her composers".....?

Article: IU's composers have opened up... "We did not plagiarize"

Source: MBN via Naver

[+370, -117] IU trying to cover the sky with her hand again. Anyone can listen and hear that they were plagiarized so what's with the denials? It's obvious articles like this are meant to bury the controversy again so she can go back to acting, but will it work this time?

[+225, -36] Yeah, these songs weren't just plagiarized, they were straight up ripped from the original

[+287, -142] I always found it weird that some random person was the one who filed the charge... If you're going to accuse anyone of plagiarism, why not the composer? Why the singer?

[+156, -19] But I mean ㅋㅋㅋ anyone can listen to the comparisons, even young children are saying they sound the same, so it's hilarious to me that they're like "it's not plagiarized" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ that's so embarrassing

[+186, -56] I don't think it matters to the haters whether the songs are actually plagiarized or not, especially with the fact that they chose to charge the singer and not the composer. IU's reps need to go hard with the legal action.

[+97, -11] And her fans are once again treating everyone as haters and letting the scandal get buried

[+74] That's quite shameless ㅋㅋ the songs aren't just similar, they sound exactly the same

[+74, -14] How can people say that IU has no responsibility in this? She's the one who made gobs of money off of those songs... how can she not be involved? Her life completely changed after 'Good Day' was released.

[+58, -6] None of the composers are admitting to it! But everyone who listens to the comparisons all say it sounds the same.

Source: Insight via Instagram

[+330] But they sound so similar... Not even just similar, 'The Red Shoes' straight up just sounds like the original song with Korean lyrics overlayed on it... but I suppose the experts know something that we don't??

[+203] If you listen to the videos on YouTube, I can see why people are thinking plagiarism. There are way more similarities than just a similar melody. These are all songs that have built IU's career into who she is today so it's something that needs to be clarified once and for all. She's had so many plagiarism accusations but people have always given her a pass just because she's IU.

[+192] Where's the clarification for the original foreign composer who contacted Loen and they didn't respond?

[+84] No, the songs are definitely plagiarized... go listen to 'The Red Shoes,' the only difference is that the lyrics are different - everything else is the same. Sure, I can understand similarities arising from similar genres, chords, instruments, etc, but a copied combination of all those elements is what we call plagiarism;; This has been an ongoing topic of issue on YouTube for a while now but her fandom has always been thick with fans shielding her so it never made it to the media's eye. Why did Yoo Hee Yeol's career get ruined if plagiarism liket his isn't a thing? Anyway, I hope she'll finally admit it this time. Go check all the videos out on YouTube if you're curious for yourself.

[+72] Hmm... well I guess we need to hear from the original composers as well

[+70] Her image has always been that of a singer-songwriter this whole time and yet all of her hit songs are composed by other people... What the...

[+65] Even Lee Hyori had the decency to apologize and clarify for one of her songs accused of plagiarism when she didn't evne produce it herself. She never ignored it like this ㅋ

[+41] Ah, come on guys, please stop messing with IU... 🤦‍♂️

[+26] I wonder why IU never says anything about this...

[+20] I took a listen to see how similar and they're the exact same songs..

[+17] The people who keep believing in her plagiarism refuse to watch the other videos that have refuted those accusations ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ some of the songs that they're accusing of plagiarism were both written by the same composer, so they're accusing the composer of plagiarizing himself ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+17] Is TaJinYo back or something...

[+6] Sometimes silence alone won't get you far

bl0gspot.com

• didnt even know this was a thing

Afaik she isn't being sued by anybody she's accused of plagarizing. She's being sued by some haters that nearly forced another singer out of the industry over something completely made up

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!