How to stop getting burnt out?

• I feel like I have tired everything that I can do. I used to be a straight A's student but this semester I have been really burnt out. I dont even have the energy to get out of my bed and eat sometimes. I skip class and stay on my bed sleeping for majority of the day and night. I ignored most of my friends because I didnt have the energy to talk to them. Sometimes I will be like "okay thats enough" and I will get up and get my life together but within a week I am back to the same cycle of sleeping all day and night. I dont even know what I should do. All my grades turned from amazing to horrible. I am even at risk of losing my scholarship. But I feel like I physically cant change. It is such a struggle to even get out of my bed.

• I have dealt with burn out multiple times

First of all you gotta make sure there is no vitamin or mineral missing

Lack of iron, Vitamin D, B12 can be a bitch and make you feel extra tired. Get a blood test and take some supplement. Also drink lots of water as soon as you wake up. This one makes a huge difference.

Just bc you are in bed alot doesnt mean you get enough deep sleep. Start a hygiene bed time routine. For example for me I try to sleep by 11pm. So at 10 pm I take a nice shower, drink some chamomile tea, do some skin care and light stretches and listen to a sleep meditation. I also use a eye cover to make sure no light hits my eyes in my sleep time.

Also after your wakeup time, try to get some natural light as much as possible. Go for a walk even if its 10 min out door.

High sugar or process food also an contribute to low mood. Avoid them at all cost.

and sometimes you just gotta do sth for inspiration to come. You may not feel like starting but once you start the ball will get rolling. Try pomodoro method.

Also listening to inspirational podcast and audiobook early in the morning really help.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah, sounds like depression through burnout. It's always important to have time to yourself completely free of work/school, otherwise you will just lose your mind. It'll be tough at first to break out of your rut but just be strong and try not to overwork yourself. Just do what you have to and take breaks when you feel you need it.

Remember this isn't a matter of life or death, it's school. Don't be so hard on yourself to the point where you have breakdowns and don't treat yourself like a robot cause you aren't one.

• I'm in the same spot you are in right now, school has burnt me out tremendously and caused my depression to worsen, what has helped me is remembering that school isn't everything in life, just because you get C's or B's doesn't mean your a failure. These days teachers are too harsh with grades. It's that constant reinforcement that if you don't get A's your lazy, a slacker, or a failure that causes burn out. I've learned to manage my time, which was hard, but if you plan out what work your going to do, and set time to meet with friend's, you'll see a change.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• I'm in the same spot you are in right now, school has burnt me out tremendously and caused my depression to worsen, what has helped me is remembering that school isn't everything in life, just because you get C's or B's doesn't mean your a failure. These days teachers are too harsh with grades. It's that constant reinforcement that if you don't get A's your lazy, a slacker, or a failure that causes burn out. I've learned to manage my time, which was hard, but if you plan out what work your going to do, and set time to meet with friend's, you'll see a change.

i understand but i dont have C's i am failing two classes and I only afford school on a scholarship so i wont be able to afford it.

• i understand but i dont have C's i am failing two classes and I only afford school on a scholarship so i wont be able to afford it.

i'm sorry to hear that but can't you ask teachers for any extensions? you can try taking a break if possible if it's really bad, my school has a resource worker who I talk to a lot to help me through burn out. The best way to over come burnout is going outside, getting fresh air, or working out. That has also helped me.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• I was in the similar condition for around two years during lockdown. I starting ignoring texts and calls of everyone. But I got better around last year. I have a few friends who literally dragged me out to bed for meals.

I think it would help if you take some time off of things that are stressing you out. Do what you must do and leave other things for a while. Its okay to just stop and relax for sometime. Try morning walks or yoga. Also its okay if you don't want to talk to people but make sure that you don't completely disconnect yourself from the rest of the world. You should have atleast a single person be it friend or family with whom you can share your true feelings so that you don't keep everything bottled up.

Hope everything goes well for you. :borahae::borahae::borahae:

• Don't push yourself.

Be kind to yourself.

Be ruthless once in a while and say No.

Don't be a victim of other people's shit.

Good work, life balance.

That's the advice I've been told and it's worked for me both for work and personal life.

• Thank you for the advice!!! <3 Maybe I should try to take multivitamins.

• i'm sorry to hear that but can't you ask teachers for any extensions? you can try taking a break if possible if it's really bad, my school has a resource worker who I talk to a lot to help me through burn out. The best way to over come burnout is going outside, getting fresh air, or working out. That has also helped me.

I wish I could but I go to a big school. My classes have hundreds of people in them. I am ending this semester in a week and I am planning to go back to my parents house while I start my summer classes. Hopefully that will make me feel better! Thank you for your advice!!!

• I was in the similar condition for around two years during lockdown. I starting ignoring texts and calls of everyone. But I got better around last year. I have a few friends who literally dragged me out to bed for meals.

I think it would help if you take some time off of things that are stressing you out. Do what you must do and leave other things for a while. Its okay to just stop and relax for sometime. Try morning walks or yoga. Also its okay if you don't want to talk to people but make sure that you don't completely disconnect yourself from the rest of the world. You should have atleast a single person be it friend or family with whom you can share your true feelings so that you don't keep everything bottled up.

Hope everything goes well for you. :borahae::borahae::borahae:

Thank you!!! I will try what you recommended but I have one question. How did you find the motivation to do anything?

• Thank you!!! I will try what you recommended but I have one question. How did you find the motivation to do anything?

Actually for me, last year we had to re-board hostels so it wasn't like before during lockdown where I could avoid everyone. I had to carry on with at least a few social interactions. I did what I had to do like classes and exams. (Our uni has a rule of 75% attendance in most of the courses, so a lot of times my roommate pushed me out of the room). I basically gave up on grades and just did the minimum necessary to get my degree. And this helped a lot. I realised grades aren't the most important and there is still a long way to go in life. Most important is to be happy.

At the end of the day when you look at people around you, you will realise that there are a lot of people who love you and need you.

• Hello!! How are you doing? Have things gotten better for you?

Heyyyy so basically during my summer vacation I had a chance to settle down with my parents and take I took a break from work and school. I also went to the doctors office to check if everything was normal and it turns out I had a vitamin d deficiency and prolactin hormone imbalance. They gave me some vitamins and medicine and I regained energy back. I started school again in the beginning of August and I have been doing good so far. I have a better management of school, work, and friends although I am still bad at texting my friends back. Overall, I would say I am doing much better wbu?

• Heyyyy so basically during my summer vacation I had a chance to settle down with my parents and take I took a break from work and school. I also went to the doctors office to check if everything was normal and it turns out I had a vitamin d deficiency and prolactin hormone imbalance. They gave me some vitamins and medicine and I regained energy back. I started school again in the beginning of August and I have been doing good so far. I have a better management of school, work, and friends although I am still bad at texting my friends back. Overall, I would say I am doing much better wbu?

Glad you are feeling better. Take time with your friends. Things will get better slowly. For me, things aren't going that well. I also went for counselling and then I found out that I have been suffering from depression. So have been taking treatment since July and things have gotten a little better, everyone around me has been an amazing support. I also started college in July-Aug and a few days ago were my exams so these past few days have been very stressful but now that they are over, I don't know what to do.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!