do you think you'll ever get out of kpop?

• Definitely. I'm quite a newcomer to the genre, and I might get out sooner than later. There's too much dumb shit in the industry and the crowd I don't know how long I'll be able to stand it.

i've been into kpop for 9 years, and after that time you just learn to not take kpop seriously and ignore those weirdass fans that take kpop seriously

• i've been into kpop for 9 years, and after that time you just learn to not take kpop seriously and ignore those weirdass fans that take kpop seriously

It's not only my interactions with other fans, it's also the industry itself and how it deals with popular pressure. I'm not sure I'll be able to stay invested in a scene where anyone can get cancelled overnight over silly ass stuff like dating and such.

• I’m kinda that way now. I’ve been a fan for ten years this year and have had enough. The music isn’t the same and at nearly 53 am getting too old for that fangirl stuff. I’ll still listen to the old music but it’s lost its passion for me.

• Maybe when I'm like 30 lol. I dont know if it'll appeal to me the same way by then but whos to say the artists i like rn wont grow too and continue to suit my tastes causing me to still keep up with them

• Pretty sure I will at least take hiatus at some point. I used to watch anime a lot too before, but now I barely watch anything else than One Piece. If I find new point of interest, I usually leave old hobbies. I have been on kpop year and my interest have already reduced quite bit on it.

• Nope. As long as my faves are still active, i'll be active. Even when they eventually disband, i'll probably have other groups to listen to and watch.

The thing about Kpop that sucks you in is that while most locals couldnt care less about their fans and only want them for their $$$, i think Korean culture shapes idols into truly valuing their fans. Idols, like most Koreans, value social acceptance and external validation above Western concepts like "self love".

I'm not saying idols want to meet up with their fans and go out on dates or anything lol, just that idols actually yearn for fan approval in a way that most locals would never. Look at how they react to their first wins on music shows, even bottom tier ones, as an example. Some idols i'm sure are great actors, they can make it look like they care about fans and getting their support when all they care about is making money or hooking up with hot babes/dudes. But i'm sure there are a great many idols that actually feel personal validation from the support they receive from fans.

This might get taken down soon, but can anyone look at this and tell me that these idols arent genuinely sad to be disbanding?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So bottom line, Kpop does a good job of getting you emotionally invested and sucking (or suckering lol) you in. Even if they're not 100 percent genuine, as long as they make you feel like your support is meaningful to them, that's all that matters, right?

• already lost most of the interest

It would the second time in possibly over a decade

I still think 2016-2017 were the best kpop years

I loved the releases during that time

Ah well, i'm back into japanese music tho

Which i stopped listening for years

So maybe my interest will come back one day

I still want to learn korean, but merely to follow webtoons and novels as translations are hard to come by

• definitely. people lose morals over kpop, and my anxiety has gotten way worse since I started following kpop artists. maybe by the end of the year I won't following at all

• Official Post

I will probably lose some steam eventually, but just like any other interest I have I will still love and support it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!