My new favorite R&B song by aespa

• Where did THIS come from??? About time! This is what I mean when I say SM needs to play towards their strengths as an institution and Aespa having potential. Easily their smoothest (R’N’B/Pop) song so far! No doubt you can tell Aespa is Red Velvet’s sister group through this song.

I like the differentiation; SM could have “lazily” given this song to Red Velvet (just like “Time Slip” and “Sassy Me”) because they have such an ability to lean left, right, and between R&B and Pop even within a song.

The rap is better than the SM usual. The track should sound the most “trappy” during the rap though. I think the intro would be more appealing if they cut the “loop” from like the first :30 of the song. That’s one nagging thing I don’t like about K-R’N’B..loops that aren’t good enough to be looped through the entire song.

The quality consistency is there too. I just played “Thirsty” before “Beat Drop” and it still feels right. Now if their team can come with consistently great English versions for the right songs, Aespa can hit the ground and burn rubber in the East AND West!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!