I don't understand why some blinks, especially Akgae, think that YGE sabotaged Lisa's album sales

• TLDR

Correct me if I’m wrong but there was never an official confirmation of Lisa’s sales doing 950k. At least I haven't seen any official source to that? It's only based on that one naver article from a week after release, which gives "YG is also expected to significantly exceed the consensus (KRW 10.5 billion) in the third quarter as Blackpink member Lisa's solo album sold about 950,000 copies." This analyst mentioned it in her article, but there were never official figures from YG or from the charts, and there’s no reason to believe that this person has exclusive information on her album sales that weren’t published. I guess someone should probably reach out to this analyst and ask them to clarify on this 950k which has puzzled and upset so many.

Thought I guess even if we assume that report either made it up for some reason or just got it wrong somehow, I still think it is much more likely that overstocking is the explanation rather than retailers selling out and YG choosing to just not make more money and refusing to restock them. If retailers did have to return a lot of stock that would explain why her sales "aren't updating" much, because they would've calculated about how much of that overstock they would actually need to meet future demand before they made their returns and wouldn't likely be ordering much more from YG. Circle Chart sales tracks albums sold to retailers. Over-ordering on the part of the retailers is possible and I think probably the most likely explanation.

• Honestly, just look at Hanteo chart, if yg was to hide out sales to earn more money or having the korean members to be the first million seller, they would had hide that chart too. And they know that not publishing numbers is doing a crime ( which is something they don't want to repeat) plus they would be losing Lisa option to renew (which they need), both things put them in bad shape with the public and the ones that fund the company, US.

Now circle though? fuck that bitch

• I think they were just frustrated that her official sales were never reported, fans con only estimate but don't have a confirmation. I doubt YG is the problem though

1 year and 7 months until AVATAR 3

• The decision to make the lead single for her debut a Korean song was a confusing one though. They knew going in she would find limited success in Korea and not having Lalisa be in English hurt the performance on Billboard.

• I think they were just frustrated that her official sales were never reported, fans con only estimate but don't have a confirmation. I doubt YG is the problem though

That's the point, it's not the company fault yet some blinks and akgaes thought Yg mistreated her by hiding her sales. Idk but if she sold more than millions, I don't see why Yg want to hide it. It's a good strategy to fuel the other girls' fanbase to work harder to beat that number which equal to more sales and profits for them.

• The decision to make the lead single for her debut a Korean song was a confusing one though. They knew going in she would find limited success in Korea and not having Lalisa be in English hurt the performance on Billboard.

Idk about this one but she picked her own songs and we don't know what the other options she has. Rosé debut with all English tracks, so their opinions definitely matter in their solo and she can do the same if she wants to. She obviously have her own reasons like maybe she want to attract Korean market or because she didn't really care about the language as bp doing well with their songs internationally despite not fully in Eng.

• Idk about this one but she picked her own songs and we don't know what the other options she has. Rosé debut with all English tracks, so their opinions definitely matter in their solo and she can do the same if she wants to. She obviously have her own reasons like maybe she want to attract Korean market or because she didn't really care about the language as bp doing well with their songs internationally despite not fully in Eng.

Didn't realize she had much input, thanks. Yeah, I could see her wanting it to be Korean so there isn't a question of whether it counts as Kpop.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!