YES. Idols/trainees do get hit inside the company

• It's part of Korean culture for someone's "superior" or "teacher" to use "physical discipline" on their subordinates or students. It's actually part of many traditional cultures, just less often practiced in developed countries. And of course, it can manifest in different ways, from slaps, getting hit with objects, getting things thrown at them or worse. It can occur every once in a while or be part of unspoken company policy. It can be adults hitting adults, or adults hitting children. The person doing the assault may think they are doing the right thing or they may be fully cognizant they are bullies abusing their power.

Next time you see bruises, don't assume it's "just from practice".

• This is film from a big 4 Dance practice

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well they're part of Asian, so it's 'normal' here. In my school before, we have a routine that every morning assembly (which happen every day), someone will be caned or slapped. Few times, some students were pulled on stage and slapped just because they spoke during the assembly. And I thought it was necessary and normal back then 🙂

• on second gen i remember we had tons of rumors about idols being hit on companies. And there are some filming going arround with idols telling how they got smacked by company manager if they didn´t do as told.

one of the biggest rumors about TVXQ break up, was about members being exhausted and getting physical abused when didn´t want to work on terrible conditions.

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• It is a practice that I don’t like in kpop but it’s probably harsher in small companies. Big companies don’t want to risk a scandal so they probably keep a tighter control with it. Even Jungkook and Tae were apparently being treated sternly and might even have been abused. Big Hit wasn’t really clear but the did release a statement that acknowledges some kind of wrongdoing ( see below). These things aren’t clear until it is filed with the police.

Hello, this is BTS' company Big Hit Entertainment.

We sincerely apologize for having given the fans anxiety through the '2016 BTS Season's Greetings DVD Making' video. Big Hit Entertainment completely prohibits any coercive actions that may cause the company artists to be unable to freely exercise their capabilities and energies. However, we must take responsibility both for the problematic action that arose, and for the fact that such a scene was included in a video that had so much meaning for the fans.

The manager in question has acknowledged his mistake, and has been summarily dismissed from his position. The supervisors have also been asked to take responsibility.

To make sure that a problem like this never again arises, we will make efforts to strengthen the internal control system of the company. In addition to this issue, we will also check through all of the similar cases that have been revealed online. Additionally, in the future should this situation recur, we will take strong action without regard to the position of the person in question.

Big Hit Entertainment considers this to be a serious problem that has shaken the principles of the company.

With heavy hearts, we are looking backwards to ensure that we have not overlooked the reasons for which we do this work. We will use this as an occasion to strengthen our most important principle, which is 'respect for and faith in our artists.'

Once again, we deeply apologize to the fans who give BTS so much love.

• Lol they got caught and had to write this whole ass essay. I bet they still treat trainees like shit and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't their choreo director admitted literally verbally abusing members to the point they started crying?

• Good thing the manger got caught. Based on his reaction, it wasn't a one time thing. JK saw the manager raise his hand and already expected that he'll be hit...

• Jay Park has certainly said physical abuse happens in JYP.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!