UPDATE: Stray Kids' 1st japanese studio album, 'THE SOUND', has surpassed 600,000 copies on Billboard Japan in It's 3rd week

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

UPDATE:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

StayTaglist

main-qimg-e71478503662817972c3546b89e0a330-lq.jpg

Edited once, last by Minazuki ().

• On Oricon the first week is not over yet.

• They need 50k more to get 500k sales. I can't believe that they're that popular in Japan. There is this kstay on twt said that a friend of them who isn't a stay staying in Japan for a while saw how popular skz are in Japan and they're treated like national singers (Japan) ;( skz really snatching all the hearts of the Japanese and Chinese fans without having a Japanese or Chinese member.

• They need 50k more to get 500k sales. I can't believe that they're that popular in Japan. There is this kstay on twt said that a friend of them who isn't a stay staying in Japan for a while saw how popular skz are in Japan and they're treated like national singers (Japan) ;( skz really snatching all the hearts of the Japanese and Chinese fans without having a Japanese or Chinese member.

Omg, this is crazy ;(

I wasn't expecting them to be so close to be certified 2x platinum by RIAJ, especially with an ALBUM and not a single.

JYPE really hit the jackpot with this group.

• Omg, this is crazy ;(

I wasn't expecting them to be so close to be certified 2x platinum by RIAJ, especially with an ALBUM and not a single.

JYPE really hit the jackpot with this group.

Ikr! If jyp keeps promoting them right skz can grow more. Let's be real skz's Japan label did a great job promoting them in Japan after case 143 became viral there. They knew what to do instead of wasting the opportunity. I'm side eyeing their US label. They're a whole disappointment. US stays are doing their label's job atp.

• Ikr! If jyp keeps promoting them right skz can grow more. Let's be real skz's Japan label did a great job promoting them in Japan after case 143 became viral there. They knew what to do instead of wasting the opportunity. I'm side eyeing their US label. They're a whole disappointment. US stays are doing their label's job atp.

I agree with you the way they managed Case 143's popularity is worth mentioning.

Sony Music does an absolute amazing job with them since the very beginning, imo. Every release I always comment about their management of Stray Kids' japanese career. It's their best label.

• Their popularity has been crazy there.

They are charting three songs on AM Japan (Case 143, Maniac and Back Door), more than any male korean act.

Two songs on Spotify Japan (Case 143 and The Sound)

They re-peaked today on Spotify Japan (Artists) at #11 (+3)

And they trended #1 Overall their Case 143 The First Take performance on Youtube Trending Videos (Japan). It's #11 currently and #3 in Music.

Let's go for a 21 week on Billboard Japan Hot 100 with Case 143 tomorrow...

• Crazyyy!!!! And people tried to say they weren't popular in Japan last year.

Seeing this and clips from their dome performances is so cool, tho idk if having an album and tour at the same time was the smartest decision it doesn't seem to have impacted either side thankfully

SKZ's popularity in Japan has been underestimated, but I think now It will be hard to ignore, lol.

• This is honestly mind boggling. They’re off to an amazing start this year. Props to Sony Japan for promoting Stray Kids so well - they’re trashing Republic Records with how well they’ve managed to capitalize on CASE 143’s success.

• Oh, It's the first week, 6 days.

• If you're wondering why there is around 100K difference between Oricon and Billboard, Oricon only counts purchases made in Japan, its purpose is to identify albums only Japanese people buy. Billboard counts everything. So even if you bought the album outside of Japan, it would show up on Billboard Japan but not on Oricon. It also counts sales from small shops that are not affiliated with Oricon.^^

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• If you're wondering why there is around 100K difference between Oricon and Billboard, Oricon only counts purchases made in Japan, its purpose is to identify albums only Japanese people buy. Billboard counts everything. So even if you bought the album outside of Japan, it would show up on Billboard Japan but not on Oricon. It also counts sales from small shops that are not affiliated with Oricon.^^

Thank you so much! I thought It worked differently than what you explained. :oops:

• Thank you so much! I thought It worked differently than what you explained. :oops:

You're welcome! This is why there is little difference between Oricon and Billboard Japan in the results of Japanese artists in general. Because they don't have many fans from abroad. Most of the difference is came from the from small shops. But Kpop groups have more fans outside of Japan, so the difference is bigger.^^

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Minazuki

Changed the title of the thread from “Stray Kids' 1st studio japanese album, 'THE SOUND', debuts #1 on Billboard Japan Top Albums with 450,808 copies!” to “UPDATE: Stray Kids' 1st studio japanese album, 'THE SOUND', has surpassed 553,588 copies on Billboard Japan in It's 2nd week”.
  • External Content twitter.com

StayTaglist  

This is wild. I wonder how this will translate for their Korean comeback.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!