Should AI idols have rights?

• It came to the attention of kpop fans that companies are going forward with pushing AI idols, MAVE debuted recently, plus SM will also solo debut Naevis at Aespa's concert. They are concerned that it will bring unwanted attention from the "deepfake" crowd. I stan Zena from MAVE, so as a fan I would be unsatisfactory for me to find that kind of thing when I'm just searching for official artwork. Will it come to a point where AI idols will also need rights? Ie. their likeness cannot be used for non-sanctioned purposes. I imagine Aespa fans might feel the same about SM doing something if they don't protect Naevi's image if others are trying to corrupt it with their own hedonistic interpretations.

FOMZEep.png

"Naevis" who cameod in Aespa's MVs

AVvXsEjFXilpv0qF2c4mV5XVH7DVrwZ5LRhMM8x67TfC9oj91rgaMiD6xOWPUNRlwEiCQ4oSEoENTxXlFxEUVPiCV4K356vKpJj26flYjRdEOFd_mgcD-PDvfw_f8zBZYcdovkuBm-kojHYY0WmTHonwtnXAW8ALWWHlp4d_O-o9YwWF3LUcGpPxkfh80TBy=s16000

Zena from MAVE

• I'm sure the companies already have some kind of copyright on their images and likeness, so if deepfaking them became a problem the companies thought were losing them money, I'm sure the company would address it.

However, since these are not humans, they don't have human rights, so the company probably won't care unless it loses them money. In fact, if it is profiting them in some way, they'll probably ignore it. And the AI won't care and can't sue cause they aren't real lmao.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

• every fucking time I hear "AI idol" I think of SUPERKIND ... where the fuck are they? Why the heck does nobody know anything, what the heck even happend to them?

BTW in case you don't know them, they debuted in 2022 and people were rumoring that Saejin is actually a real dude but just wanted to hide behind an AI-personality just cause he would be too shy to show himself, but the company never stated anything so thats just rumors

EDIT: I just saw after looking at their profile that they probably discontinued Saejin and replaced him by another AI called Seung wtf is wrong with those AI-people

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• every fucking time I hear "AI idol" I think of SUPERKIND ... where the fuck are they? Why the heck does nobody know anything, what the heck even happend to them?

BTW in case you don't know them, they debuted in 2022 and people were rumoring that Saejin is actually a real dude but just wanted to hide behind an AI-personality just cause he would be too shy to show himself, but the company never stated anything so thats just rumors

EDIT: I just saw after looking at their profile that they probably discontinued Saejin and replaced him by another AI called Seung wtf is wrong with those AI-people

Someone on Twitter said Saejin will be back. He's just not apart of this comeback, which is just as confusing.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

• This is a non issue as AI idols are pieces of property unlike flesh and blood real people. So their rights are already covered by IP copyright and trademark laws. Similar to how marvel Disney etc hold exclusive rights over their characters and its depictions likeness etc. Unlike real people the bar for proving an infraction on the rights is very low meaning SM etc could easily win any lawsuit over others using their ai idols for anything unauthorized

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!