BTS was mentioned in the senate hearing about Ticketmaster

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hopeful that they come up with a resolution to this problem.

ArmyTaglist

• it's not neccasarily the ticket prices that are the issue. Its the thinly veiled relationship that ticketmaster has with resale companies and the earmarking of tickets for resale that is the issue. Ticketmaster has already won at least one lawsuit. I wonder is this will be another lip service and then it's ignored again.

• the bad bunny ticketing incident is really bad and precedes a very scary future to live music production.

for anyone who don't know, bad bunny's concert in mexico city at 2022 had less than half attendance, while his ticket box is sold out and in general doesn't make sense bc mc is, like, one of his biggest listeners by city. turns out beside the usual resale (with very high marking price) problem, ticketmaster issued some seats to to or three different names. naturally, they are suspicious and organizer on site just cancelled every ticket with double order. and yes, the double order also happened to resale tickets. so you can imagine the chaos at that day.

the monopoly should be solved not only at live nation, but to these stadiums and arena owners because there must be under the table negotiation that makes them really loyal to live nation.

• When Ticketmaster bought out Live Nation, they gained a monopoly on everything. If venues don't sign contracts with Live Nation (owned by Ticketmaster), then they have no promoter to draw talent to their venues AND they can't sell any tickets. How did this even pass anti-trust laws? I mean, I know anti-trust laws have been severely weakened in the US, starting with Pres. Reagan, but c'mon!

Edit: Wait, I might have that backwards. LN might've bought TM. Either way, it's the same company basically so whatever.

• it's not neccasarily the ticket prices that are the issue. Its the thinly veiled relationship that ticketmaster has with resale companies and the earmarking of tickets for resale that is the issue. Ticketmaster has already won at least one lawsuit. I wonder is this will be another lip service and then it's ignored again.

That is how these things usually turn out, congress people just want a circus to get votes.

I do know that Taylor Swift fans are upset, so who knows if Swifties (or what ever they are called) can be satisfied with just a hearing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!